Lt. Commander
# 31
02-26-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathyrion
The fact that us ATI users must turn off Dynamic Lightning to be able to play without crashing is redicalous.
I got a HD5870, and I really would like to use the power it has to give.
But then again, I don't know if it's a quick fix from cryptic or if it's a problem they can't figure out.
I just hope we get a response on this bug soon

Happy Cruiser! ^^
Not quite sure why that card is crashing with dynamic lighting on. I have a 5770 with it turned on and I'm not having any issues.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-26-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesey
I mean today i had 169mb, not that much i guess in the grand scheme of things, but when in other mmos ive played (most of them!) patch lists like todays would result in say 30-40mb file size.
I'd just like to point out that asking that is like asking why an hour long video file is smaller in WMV format than it is in high res AVI format. Games use different formatting, so all games have different file sizes for different things. Also, I don't know if you ever watch the actual download file size on the patcher, but today's file with Cryptic's compression (that I still want to identify) was less than 25 MB, are you sure you're not mistaking the actual download size on other games for the patch file size?

Thanks for the patch notes, but since you have a board for them, could you please start putting them in there again as it's a bit pointless otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
There was a patch today and no mention on the fix to the missing grenades? I guess my sig has to stay the way it is a little while longer.
You may want to review the patch notes again... unless you are talking about some other missing grenades...
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-26-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesey
Dont take this the wrong way cause its just a query but why are the patches so relatively large in size when theres a short list?

I mean today i had 169mb, not that much i guess in the grand scheme of things, but when in other mmos ive played (most of them!) patch lists like todays would result in say 30-40mb file size.

Just curious why STO always has larger patch files to be downloaded for code fixes and bug fixes etc and no real graphical etc additions.
You weren't actually downloading 169mb, that's just the file it was patching at the time, the download does have more info that we need and isn't that clear but i have no issues.

And thanks guys for the patch updates, its nice to have it show on the launch pad early rather than having to search the site, nice job, and a big thanks for fixing the red matter capacitor.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-26-2010, 07:12 AM
thx for patch
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-26-2010, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasteran
Any patch that does not contain the ability to ReSpec is a complete and utter failure/waste of time. Nothing else matters.
For you, maybe. There are vere few things in this game I care less for than respecs.

And I think not many people do. Most casual gamers don't care that much about the abilities of their character, and hardcore gamers can just make a new char and level it up to Admiral in a few days.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-26-2010, 07:16 AM
What exactly are Omega items?
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-26-2010, 07:20 AM
You wouldn't need a re-spec if you actually read and comprehend the skills available to you.

That being said, a vast majority of people need a re-spec since they have proven themselves time and time again that they like to dive in head-first and pay the consequences later.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-26-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by signofjustice View Post
You wouldn't need a re-spec if you actually read and comprehend the skills available to you.

That being said, a vast majority of people need a re-spec since they have proven themselves time and time again that they like to dive in head-first and pay the consequences later.
Or some people would like to have enough points in antiproton weapons you get at Admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by signofjustice View Post

I would believe this if the actual descriptions and tooltips of the skills were accurate. Until they are, your theory doesn't exactly hold up very well.