Lt. Commander
# 1 Ultimate away team
02-25-2010, 07:30 PM
I know once I finally make Admiral I will have enough space to have a dedicated bridge crew as well as a dedicated away team. With this in mind I would like to know if there is a preferred species to use for making an away team. I realize it is possible to have an entire Klingon away team on a federation ship but would that really represent the best possible option if you were going to min/max the process?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 02:50 AM
there's no 1 preferred species that covers all the bases, not even humans (for once). but there are preferred species for each occupation, i.e. a trill makes a better science officer than a klingon, but a trill couldn't hold a candle to a klingon tactical officer. just read what their racial traits are, you'll figure it out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 02:08 PM
I cross posted in the combat area with the same question and the result so far was from two engineering Admirals.

Vulcan Engineer (superior mind meld, nerve pinch + turret, weapon malfunction, drone, shield recharge)
Vulcan Engineer (superior mind meld, nerve pinch + turret, mine barrier, mortar, shield recharge)
Vulcan Science (superior mind meld, nerve pinch + medical tricorder, grav shift, tachyon, radiation)
Vulcan Science (superior mind meld, nerve pinch + grav shift, medical tricorder, tachyon, vascular)

Andorian Tactical (acute senses)exposes or dmg output (lucky,covert,soldier)
Andorian Tactical (acute senses)exposes or dmg output (lucky,covert,soldier)
Betazoid Science (Empathic/telepathic) anything that boosts reduction to threat, or improves healing abilities
Human engineer (leadership/teamwork) and anything same as tactical, improvement on expose, expose durations, or damage
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 02:29 PM
The thing is, aren't there rare BOs with all sorts of interesting traits? Superior luck comes to mind. I'm not sure you can plan out a rigid team plan; a general guideline, yes, in fact I think it's a good idea, but you have to be flexible enough to pick up that blue alien who rolled awesome stats.

There's a lot of good stuff in the engineering away team thread here, too, if you haven't seen it:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=125870

-HD