Lt. Commander
I just discovered that the "aid the planet" missions can draw commodities straight from your bank, much like Memory Alpha! This makes them infinitely better, and I think I can actually sort of enjoy them now. That is all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Wow, thanks for the heads up!
Lt. Commander
# 3 How?
02-26-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
I just discovered that the "aid the planet" missions can draw commodities straight from your bank, much like Memory Alpha! This makes them infinitely better, and I think I can actually sort of enjoy them now. That is all.
Please explain further..I got the first mission & I have delivered 8 -I have 8 in inventory & it only needs 2 more to complete.
Thx !!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Well, you'll need to buy the other 2, and put them in your inventory or your bank, then go back to the cluster/nebula.

The reason this is so exciting to me, is that it means I don't have to carry the stuff around in my inventory, or go halfway across the galaxy, buy it, and go back. Instead, I can just stock up on supplies, stick 'em in my bank, and if I happen to get an aid planet mission, I'm ready!

That means less dropping of missions, more feeling like I'm actually part of a caring, helpful Starfleet, and less time wasted. Win all around, I say.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Unfortunately it doesn't link (yet) to the fleet bank where we put all our stuff

But it's heading the right way!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2010, 10:19 AM
While it's nice that we don't have to haul all those commodities around for these missions, this still doesn't address the issue of spending tens of thousands of energy credits for a mere hundred or so rewarded.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
While it's nice that we don't have to haul all those commodities around for these missions, this still doesn't address the issue of spending tens of thousands of energy credits for a mere hundred or so rewarded.

Think of it as buying skill points with energy credits. Also, you can keep the commodities you loot and that reduces your overall cost.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2010, 12:10 PM
This isn't new...

But koodo's for sharing
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Soth View Post
Think of it as buying skill points with energy credits. Also, you can keep the commodities you loot and that reduces your overall cost.
This is true. The mission I discovered it in required 20 seismic stabilizers, 14 of which I had looted, and put in my bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco_Jones
Unfortunately it doesn't link (yet) to the fleet bank where we put all our stuff

But it's heading the right way!
But why would you need the fleet bank for this? It links to your regular bank, which is just as good, if not better, since it means you know for sure that a fleet member hasn't used your commodities on an aid mission of their own.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Thanks, I didn;t know that. The one time I started that mission I had 0 Medical Supplies. Even now at Captain I still have less than the 10 required rofl so I don't even bother doing those type of missions. But good to know it can do that, but I should have suspected it when I found that Memory Alpha does the same thing.