Lt. Commander
# 21
02-26-2010, 09:54 AM
I want Fed vs Fed PvP because then PvP will finally be fun.

As it stands currently you queue up, wait forever, and then you get one of two things: Sometimes you're up against 1-2 Klingons who either just hide to waste your time or suicide into you to get the match over with. Sometimes you're up against a premade of Klingons who will completely dominate you if you didn't bring a premade of your own, and if you did bring a premade of your own - guess what? You won't have any fun either because PvP in this game is stupid and boring as long as RSP and FBP are the only thing that defines all survivability and Fed is on defense by default.

Klingons are so insistent on all the stupid crap that makes fighting them no fun at all, they deserve fading into obscurity as soon as real PvP gets put into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIgmo
Hrm. Maybe I'm not the average player, but honestly, I don't have any enmity toward Klingers in PvP. Any frustration that I have is usually either from my own mistakes or from the lack of a good queue system. I honestly just enjoy the challenge that PvP presents -- to me it's no different than a friendly pickup game of soccer or basketball; win or lose, I don't hate the people on the other team, as it's just a game.
I have a sporting animosity against the other faction. Its not real bitterness or hatered, but like any athlete playing against another team...I put my game face on and get in the zone.

I've always despised pointless in fighting for the KDF. Im a team player at heart and so fighting against those I consider part of the fold sickens me a bit. Thats not to say I couldnt fight KDF, but only those bent on damaging the Empire.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang

As it stands currently you queue up, wait forever, and then you get one of two things: Sometimes you're up against 1-2 Klingons who either just hide to waste your time or suicide into you to get the match over with. Sometimes you're up against a premade of Klingons who will completely dominate you if you didn't bring a premade of your own, and if you did bring a premade of your own - guess what? You won't have any fun either because PvP in this game is stupid and boring as long as RSP and FBP are the only thing that defines all survivability and Fed is on defense by default.

Klingons are so insistent on all the stupid crap that makes fighting them no fun at all, they deserve fading into obscurity as soon as real PvP gets put into the game.
bah...Trek hater.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Pff, watch Balance of Terror, then tell me Cloak isn't a thousand times less idiotic in the acctual series than in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Pff, watch Balance of Terror, then tell me Cloak isn't a thousand times less idiotic in the acctual series than in STO.
Just saw an episode last night with the whole smuggle out the dissibent romulans that they FLAGSHIP of the Federation had trouble locating the Warbird...with HELP from a traitor on the inside....

So no it isn't any less idiotic than that... you have MORE active abilities than even the DATA assisted FLAGSHIP of the Federation did...

Nice try though...
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Except they could acctually track the cloaked ship and didn't just sit around waiting for it to attack because they couldn't do anything else at all.

Cloaking ruins PvP in this game with its one sidedness and you all know it, if it didn't Klingon players wouldn't worry about FvF being implemented.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
exactly...we'll actually use our anti-cloak skills...we dont have any illusions. My BoP is already set up to for anti-cloak.
I'm keeping anti-cloak in the back of my mind for sure, and working in anti-cloak skills where appropriate, not to fight KvK, but for when the Rommies become playable and enter PvP. I want to be somewhat ready.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-26-2010, 10:33 AM
I'm Trembling In Ma Boots!
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:

Yes, there are no Fed premades and Feds fon't use RSP and FBP.

Guess what? If you suck at PvP against the Klingons, you'll suck against Federation premade groups as well.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLucSkywalker View Post
Lol i can see it now, 5 cloakers vs 5 cloakers, its ok just use thoseawesome working cloak counters, just L2P and you will pwn them

O wai
more then likely we'll all just stop playing klingons , been one kick in the teeth to our faction after another since OB , patch after patch goes by and we're forgotten or flat out ignored for content . As it is now my account expires on march 4th , this weeks patch was they're deadline for me to add something to do other then cracked planet over and over and over and over and over ....