Lt. Commander
# 1 Ultimate away team
02-25-2010, 08:46 PM
I know once I finally make Admiral I will have enough space to have a dedicated bridge crew as well as a dedicated away team. With this in mind I would like to know if there is a preferred species to use for making an away team. I realize it is possible to have an entire Klingon away team on a federation ship but would that really represent the best possible option if you were going to min/max the process?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 03:40 AM
Klingons can't get Tribble buffs. I just got myself and my away team decked out in Damage/Regen double-buff Tribbles and it makes a difference. So a BO who can't use Tribbles doesn't really fit into an "ultimate" away team, if you ask me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 09:25 AM
As an Engineering Admiral I use:

Bridge:
Me (efficient)
Saurian Engineer (efficient)
Borg Engineer (efficient)
Saurian Tactical (efficient)
Saurian Science (efficient)

Ground:
Me, Liberated Borg Human (medical gen, turret, mortar, seeker drone)
Vulcan Engineer (superior mind meld, nerve pinch + turret, weapon malfunction, drone, shield recharge)
Vulcan Engineer (superior mind meld, nerve pinch + turret, mine barrier, mortar, shield recharge)
Vulcan Science (superior mind meld, nerve pinch + medical tricorder, grav shift, tachyon, radiation)
Vulcan Science (superior mind meld, nerve pinch + grav shift, medical tricorder, tachyon, vascular)

Ricossa tribbles (dmg buff + resist buff) on all my BO's and myself.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 10:49 AM
As an Engi R/A, i look at the basic traits and try to find ones that help with the bo's "profession",I always look at the aliens for the class/proffession first, never know what ya might get

my away teams usually consist of(if not alien as previously stated)

Tactical:x2
Andorian(acute senses)
exposes or dmg output(lucky,covert,soldier)

Science:x1
Betazoid(Empathic/telepathic)
anything that boosts reduction to threat,or improves healing abiltys

Engineer:x1
Human(leadership/teamwork)
and anything same as tactical, improvement on expose,expose durations,or damage

And tho it might be dumb or less effective, if i find a white/common bo with the traits i liked, i would use em...because you always get bo S/P even at 45.doing the daily B'Tran missions are giving me 337 sp for bo's, each.So eventually if i find a Rare+ bo with the traits i like, I can always swap em out and train em up

edit:spelling and correct daily B'Tran BO points
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakirn View Post
As an Engineering Admiral I use:

Bridge:
Me (efficient)
Saurian Engineer (efficient)
Borg Engineer (efficient)
Saurian Tactical (efficient)
Saurian Science (efficient)

Ground:
Me, Liberated Borg Human (medical gen, turret, mortar, seeker drone)
Vulcan Engineer (superior mind meld, nerve pinch + turret, weapon malfunction, drone, shield recharge)
Vulcan Engineer (superior mind meld, nerve pinch + turret, mine barrier, mortar, shield recharge)
Vulcan Science (superior mind meld, nerve pinch + medical tricorder, grav shift, tachyon, radiation)
Vulcan Science (superior mind meld, nerve pinch + grav shift, medical tricorder, tachyon, vascular)

Ricossa tribbles (dmg buff + resist buff) on all my BO's and myself.
what exactly does the "efficient" trait do when on a BO?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryum View Post
what exactly does the "efficient" trait do when on a BO?
http://stowiki.org/wiki/Trait:_Efficient

Game Description: Provides a bonus to efficiency stats, improving the effectiveness of many of your power management
Races: Alien, Bolian, Benzite, Lethean, Liberated Borg

+5 bonus to Starship Shield Efficiency
+5 bonus to Starship Engine Efficiency
+5 bonus to Starship Energy Weapon Efficiency
+5 bonus to Starship Auxiliary Systems Efficiency

from STO Wiki, as per link!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2010, 11:09 AM
thanks I didn't know the traits were the same for BOs as they are for characters. Are there races that have the warp theorist trait?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryum View Post
thanks I didn't know the traits were the same for BOs as they are for characters. Are there races that have the warp theorist trait?
As far as I'm aware they are all ground traits. I originally read that all Boff's were meant to only carry ground traits, so maybe the Efficient one will get removed, but at the moment it's the only one I know of that is space orientated.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flibby
As far as I'm aware they are all ground traits. I originally read that all Boff's were meant to only carry ground traits, so maybe the Efficient one will get removed, but at the moment it's the only one I know of that is space orientated.
good to know, thanks