Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I was thinking about this and had an idea.

ISince there seems to be a lot of people for it and a lot of people against it, why not just put a toggle option in the Options menu for each character?

I think, if they did that, both sides could be happy. That way, those who want the DP can have it and those who don't want it don't have to have it.

What does everyone else think of my suggestion?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
I was thinking about this and had an idea.

ISince there seems to be a lot of people for it and a lot of people against it, why not just put a toggle option in the Options menu for each character?

I think, if they did that, both sides could be happy. That way, those who want the DP can have it and those who don't want it don't have to have it.

What does everyone else think of my suggestion?
I much prefer your suggestion than just tacking a DP onto everyone because a handful of people made a stink about wanting the game to be less fun.

Give us the option -- if people want a DP, let them have it, otherwise I'm fine the way it is.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 10:36 PM
I think they should add it to the difficulty slider, higher difficulty levels have a death penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.LoveMonkey
I think they should add it to the difficulty slider, higher difficulty levels have a death penalty.
BAM A smart idea INDEED but it will be overlooked, sigh
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2010, 10:38 PM
My idea is to directly link it to the difficulty slider. I strongly suspect that the people who do want DP are the same ones who want the game more difficult. The DP in itself makes the game more difficult by disallowing suicide as a tactic and requiring players to be more careful. Also ensures that the best rewards go to the players who deserve it and not the ones who just ramming speed every enemy in their path. Leave it off for the "easy" difficulty so that the people who do like cruising through the content can do it they way they have. Kind of like easy on The Beatles Rock Band, no fail is turned on when you pick easy.

Edit: Ninja'd. Took too long working on the wording.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2010, 10:42 PM
10/10

The OPs idea is a damn fine idea and I give it my wholehearted support,

Of course I will never turn it on, but I will enjoy inflicting it on my fellow players.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-25-2010, 10:43 PM
I would say thats a HORRIBLE idea, with death penalty will likely come new ways to spend money. and this is important to a better game economy.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassidus View Post
I would say thats a HORRIBLE idea, with death penalty will likely come new ways to spend money. and this is important to a better game economy.
Ah, spending money after a death is no penalty. I like to think of the shopping spree I go on after a death as more of a death bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-25-2010, 10:50 PM
I think you guys are assuming that the death penalty will mean a loss of items. As much as I'm for a DP, I'm definetly not for anything where you lose your stuff. You guys have any source for that because I think it's very unlikely.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_Ko
My idea is to directly link it to the difficulty slider. I strongly suspect that the people who do want DP are the same ones who want the game more difficult. The DP in itself makes the game more difficult by disallowing suicide as a tactic and requiring players to be more careful. Also ensures that the best rewards go to the players who deserve it and not the ones who just ramming speed every enemy in their path. Leave it off for the "easy" difficulty so that the people who do like cruising through the content can do it they way they have. Kind of like easy on The Beatles Rock Band, no fail is turned on when you pick easy.

Edit: Ninja'd. Took too long working on the wording.
I think it is a mistake to assume those who dont want a dp want a easy game. Personaly I like the idea of toggle. However I want a hard game but not the time waste of a dp. Since I never suicide any way. I think there are many who want a hard game but no dp so I say a toggle not related to the slider. As for the loss of items that isnt really a penalty since they are so easy to replace is this what they plan? I assumed it would be loss of bridge officers or some time penalty.