Lt. Commander
At this point, we pretty much only have 1 zone chat and 1 chat window. So everything from fleet to group to gold spammer gets in that 1 tiny window and we are all trying to read as they scroll or put them on ignore.

This is what I propose... Unless someone can tell me how to make more chat windows.

1. We can have multiple chat windows open at the same time, and able to direct different channels to different windows. So everything can be reviewed at a glance.

2. More chat options, such as but not limited to... /current zone, /zonewide, /ooc, /auc type channels, helps players filter info. Also will help coordinate Fleet Action tactics.

3. Cryptic needs to crack down the gold sellers. In some other MMOs Ive played, those gold sellers wouldnt dare to openly spam or they are banned just that quickly. Yes I know they can just sign up for another account, but if Cryptic is serious, they will start to disappear off the chats and we will see more email spam

So having an upgraded chat system does have more advantage... Questions, comments, concerns, flames/trolls?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Agreed. I would also like a 'Hail' option, with some sort of voice-chat, implemented!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Yes... voice chat plz!!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 01:11 AM
Agreed. Not being able to seperate is annoying. I usually stick to one channel, where spam is on an all time low now (or I simply blocked so much), but it would be nice if I could also have a chat open for local or team, without having everything stuffed in one window.
The gold spam meanwhile only sends tells, but that doesn't make it any better.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-24-2011, 03:11 PM
While I agree, I think this problem pales in comparison to how hard it is to chat in the first place. It is such a pain to type in the person's entire character@account name every time, tab and return enter the autocompleted name, that I will often go to an outside IM client to chat with friends while playing... but that doesn't help with random ships in an autoshared mission. There needs to be a quick reply command like /r to reply to the last person to message you, and arrow up or down to scroll through recent chat recipients.