Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Just hit LC went to rename the new ship and it ate all my starfleet merits!

I cant even upgrade my crew members and stuff now, i was told i was to get a free rename not that it would use all my starfleet merit points, and its been 2 hours and no gm's have responded! What kind of bug is this!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 12:13 AM
If you renamed it when in the station, it should not cost anything

As for merits, you soon will have buckets of merits that you wont have use for, so dont worry about that
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 12:22 AM
Actually the first rename as far as I know should be free regardless of where you are.
Has been for me at least.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 12:26 AM
It said it was supposed to be free, i renamed my ship and all my merits are gone, i kno i can go grind them but it will take time =( , i want what was lost.. is this possible?
Lt. Commander
# 5 =(
02-26-2010, 08:02 AM
Is there a way a GM can roll back the rename and give me back my merits ....

14 hrs later and no response also from ingame help...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2010, 10:08 AM
I ran into some naming issues last night too. Makes me wonder if something went silly with the rename system.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2010, 10:19 AM
I've forwarded this issue to QA to investigate.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2010, 10:30 AM
The first renaming of your ship is free but not the registry NCC...could you of done both?

Also to upgrade your offices just look in exchange you get them for energy credits just keep clicking next 100 listings.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2010, 11:44 AM
You mean that if you rename the ship and add the "B" or whatever to the NCC that you get dinged? I'll have to look as I did both the other night.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2010, 01:21 PM
I, too, had trouble renaming my ship last night, but I thought I knew why. Bought ship, forgot to rename it from default. Renamed ship, but didn't change the registry number (that should be my free rename). Didn't like the name and went back to rename it. It still said I had one free rename, but every time I tried to change the name, it never changed, and kept telling me I still had a free rename. *Then* I changed the registry number and *now* it says that it will cost to change the name. So it *seems* like you get a free name change from the random default when you purchase, *and* a free registry change, but you have to have changed them *both* for it to know you're done with the free names and now any changes cost. Otherwise it keeps telling you that you've got a free name change, but never lets you change it until you fiddle with the registry number. Only then does it say that the name change will cost you.

Did that make any sense?