Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Last night i hit LC was all happy, got a new ship went to rename it, first time nothing happand it didnt work, i reloged and the name still didnt change, i then went to rename it again it said cost 0, after that i went to try to upgrade my officers and all my merits where gone... i went to check back at the ship rename and noticed it uses merits to name it... i guess the "free" thing didnt work even tho it said 0, but i just found out thanks to a person on this fourm that i can actually buy merits!? if thats so i dont mind AS much.... but hopefully no one eles last night got screwed
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharsti
I, too, had trouble renaming my ship last night, but I thought I knew why. Bought ship, forgot to rename it from default. Renamed ship, but didn't change the registry number (that should be my free rename). Didn't like the name and went back to rename it. It still said I had one free rename, but every time I tried to change the name, it never changed, and kept telling me I still had a free rename. *Then* I changed the registry number and *now* it says that it will cost to change the name. So it *seems* like you get a free name change from the random default when you purchase, *and* a free registry change, but you have to have changed them *both* for it to know you're done with the free names and now any changes cost. Otherwise it keeps telling you that you've got a free name change, but never lets you change it until you fiddle with the registry number. Only then does it say that the name change will cost you.

Did that make any sense?
Ah ha! I think you got it. I did exactly that, but got stuck with a random name after renaming the registry.

I REALLY hate the UI for alot of these things, as it didn't give me any info WHY the name wasn't sticking until after it applied the name change I didn't want.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Can you buy star fleet merits off exchange ( auction house ) ?

Its been almost 1 day and no GM response....
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-27-2010, 01:12 AM
can anyone let me know if a gm is ever going to respond? there is really no support for any ingame problems...
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-27-2010, 01:49 PM
*bump* looking for an answer...
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-27-2010, 07:05 PM
I just got my new ship. Tried to rename it, and it applied the new name to my old ship. I'm quite sure I had the right one selected, and if I hadn't it wouldnt have worked, because I had already used my free rename for that ship. Now it won't let me rename either ship, although it shows both as still being free.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-27-2010, 11:34 PM
gm's are very busy at the moment, so it may be a while before they reply and i doubt it will be an answer that you like
guessing that the free time that it diod not work was laggy? i have this with a lot of things, if it does not seem to work WAIT. DO NOT repeat the steps as things like this happen!

but it wont take long to get merits back, really no point demanding them back, soon enouh you will have more than you possibly need!
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganjademon View Post
gm's are very busy at the moment, so it may be a while before they reply and i doubt it will be an answer that you like
guessing that the free time that it diod not work was laggy? i have this with a lot of things, if it does not seem to work WAIT. DO NOT repeat the steps as things like this happen!

but it wont take long to get merits back, really no point demanding them back, soon enouh you will have more than you possibly need!
F@ck soon enough. I shouldn't have to wait til end game and spend points that i want to use for training my officers to fix something that happened due to a bug, nor should I have to wait weeks for a response from a customer service representative.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-28-2010, 11:49 AM
^^^ Extacly, espically if i paided for the game, and paying a monthly service....
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Hello Everyone,

My apologies for being unable to respond to this issue until today. This issue was brought to QA's attention and dealt with on Friday morning.

After checking into the issue, there is no bug which could be found that would take all of your merits. Unfortunately there are a number of issues which could cause a player to think as much.

Known Issues:

Ship Rename Cost never updates until the player attempts to change the Ship Registry number.
  • This could cause a player to continually change ship name thinking they still had a free one.
No return message when attempting to rename a ship without enough Merits.
No return message when a ship rename takes place.
  • This could cause players to think they didn't rename their ship. Currently only the Ship Status will update with the new name which can be missed.
Ship character limit is 15 but text entry field allows for 16 characters and displayed error does not list character maximum.

Just to clarify things for everyone:
  • A ship rename (name only) costs 3000 Merits
  • A ship registry number change (number only) costs 1500 Merits
  • Changing both costs 4500 Merits
  • Each ship offers 1 (complete) ship name change, 1 Ship Name and 1 Ship Registry. Using 1 does not use the other.