Lt. Commander
So I have been a defender of you guys, because I know how hard it is to make a game, and I know about all the junk you had to go through to get this out, and I still will defend you.

But I have a bone to pick. I'm the last STOked interview zinc ( I think it was him ) stated that 1% of the population were admirals. so this can mean one of two things, we have a crazy big population, or that number was ( I wouldn't say made up) a major understatement. So I'm calling you out. ( in a nice way ) which is it, or what is the real percentage for the people who are admirals?

thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Yea.......Im not buying that either. Unless all the admirals are quitting because there is nothing else to do.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Did they say when that interview took place? He actually said that it was >1% when they checked "a few days ago" so depending on when it was and how many "a few days" is to him, it could have been a couple of weeks ago, which would make more sense.

I'm positive that the number is much higher now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Well. RA5 here, for more then a week now. Can also confirm this for my 2 brothers and 4 of my mates that started with us. makes 7 of us.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2010, 06:09 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if accurate in a certain light. From my sample group of my own characters, we have about 20% admiral population, and 80% Lt population. Doesn't really work out so well, but I think may show the point being that characters dont' necessarily equal players. And for the negatives out there, there were prolly quite a few folks who quit the game before reaching Admiral.

Something to remember with how the game is setup, you really don't see people that aren't in your level range unless you're spacing out around them in ESD.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Could also be that 1% is of all registered users, not just the active ones. There's probably a lot of accounts that are inactive now that still count towards the population of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2010, 06:11 PM
You know. Having a problem with the game being too short and people reaching Admiral too quickly is one thing.

But having the development company go ahead and say its not a problem is completely another. Especially with made up statistics like 1% and presenting them as fact.

Thanks for listening Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
You know. Having a problem with the game being too short and people reaching Admiral too quickly is one thing.

But having the development company go ahead and say its not a problem is completely another. Especially with made up statistics like 1% and presenting them as fact.

Thanks for listening Cryptic.
well he did state that he wanted to get a real print out about the numbers, but he didn't get in time. I think it was a major under statement on his part.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2010, 06:13 PM
We could have several million players for all we know.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilag
We could have several million players for all we know.
it could be, you know it was funny when he talked about dismantling the test server to add it to the main server to help with the load.