Lt. Commander
Hello everyone.

I would like to note that I have played this game long enough (RA5 now) and my observations on the skill system are made after considerable exposure.

Having tested and used various configurations on my ships and experimented with different skills for both ground and space, I still find it very diffcult to associate training slot with them.

Some skills of course are very easy to place like photonic shockwave or jam sensors, but others can be a lot harder to place. So I would like to request for tooltips in game that dont just give examples but list the full list of items affectd by a skill. I see alot of people struggling with this and it would be a great help to plan more effectivelly if this was displayed at all times.

Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 02:45 PM
I agree - I mean it's nice that the skills give a general indication of what they affect, but a full list would be great. Some sort of screen that shows the abilities you and your crew have and what they would be with the skill advancement applied would be awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 02:51 PM
I agree, this should be in game, there's NO REASON why it shouldn't be. It adds nothing but pointless experimentation. You want to keep game mechanics hidden, fine, but basic character information?

This spreadsheet was very helpful to me, I wish I could give proper credit to its author.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...cG0l5gqQ&hl=en

Also, some of the character builders (I'm thinking of this one, http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/index.php?s=2_zzzzi_0, which isn't working for me at the moment) will highlight skills that effect the abilities you chose for your BOs, which is handy.

-HD

Edit: Just fyi, I don't think the spreadsheet or the character builder is a complete list, but it helps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2010, 01:34 AM
I rather think nobody took his time to describe those skills (although it would be about 5 minutes per skill to implement an apropriate description) than hiding game mechanics

thx for the spreadsheet