Lt. Commander
# 1 How do i get a refund?
02-26-2010, 02:56 AM
I know this isnt the correct section of the forum to post this but couldnt find a support for it.

Where can i go about getting a refund on my lifetime membership as although i enjoy this game at present the content is shallow and unfinished that didnt bother me as such until i read gozers comment in the forums threatening the general public with silence and no information if we complained about a patch of false information. I read on and on and on and no apology for generalising all i found was one person in the same thread who claims to have had personal mail threat/abuse from this person and now i feel compelled to ask myself am i going to pay cryptic and condone this sort of behaviour without remourse or response and am i going to pay to support it i am starting to think not.

And the part that is annoying me is that the video still has the same date on it still isn't going to be out on time and there has been no public posting on the website to say its delayed, and still the video is there and telling people new content advertising to new customers who may not know that it is delayed. smells like false advertising and bad business practice.

And before you all go flaming me or jumping to cryptics defense ask yourself this would you go into something like i dunno a shop and pay them to insult you? No? then why defend someone that has our money and insults you with false deadlines then threatens you?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 03:08 AM
While I can't help you, I'd like to point out that Gozer did not threaten to stop posting if complaints were being made. Rather, it sounded to me like he was tired of the flaming, swearing and general *****ing around these forums.
If you call a shopkeeper an asswipe, do you expect him to bow down and say: "Thank you sir!"? I don't.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tevekind View Post
While I can't help you, I'd like to point out that Gozer did not threaten to stop posting if complaints were being made. Rather, it sounded to me like he was tired of the flaming, swearing and general *****ing around these forums.
If you call a shopkeeper an asswipe, do you expect him to bow down and say: "Thank you sir!"? I don't.
that would depend on the shop lol, but i get where you are coming from however if that is what he meant he should have made his intention and his thought more clear as as it stands it could be misconstewed or even understood correctly from both stand points
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 03:15 AM
Stick it on ebay, send the winning bidder your password and DVD if you had it one one.

If not, e-mail them the installation files except the content in the piggs folder. The server will send the user the replacement files.

Also advertize it with your energy credits, rank, and ship. You never know some gullable sod might pay over the odds for it. After all, you where silly enough to spend $200 on a life time membership for a game you've never seen before

P.S. This is strictly against your license agreement. You will lose your forum profile as well. The new user will assume your identity, ensure you have no billing information they can use on your account.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlicedPeaches
Stick it on ebay, send the winning bidder your password and DVD if you had it one one.

If not, e-mail them the installation files except the content in the piggs folder. The server will send the user the replacement files.

Also advertize it with your energy credits, rank, and ship. You never know some gullable sod might pay over the odds for it. After all, you where silly enough to spend $200 on a life time membership for a game you've never seen before

P.S. This is strictly against your license agreement. You will lose your forum profile as well. The new user will assume your identity, ensure you have no billing information they can use on your account.
whats against the forum rules my post? i bought via steam anyhow lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2010, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaisey
that would depend on the shop lol, but i get where you are coming from however if that is what he meant he should have made his intention and his thought more clear as as it stands it could be misconstewed or even understood correctly from both stand points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
I'm giving you a update now so you know whats going on. If the thread turns into hate and bile, it will definately be the last time I give you a update on stuff I'm working on
His exact wording. Hate and bile doesn't exactly translate into complaining, in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2010, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Thats how I read it as well

I took it as asking for a bit of common Courtesy
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2010, 03:21 AM
Quote:
His exact wording. Hate and bile doesn't exactly translate into complaining, in my opinion.
yes however have you read some of his other posts? they all seem to be less than happy i am not saying that i hate the guy merely that i do not like the problems in the game and attitude of some the staff
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2010, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaisey
attitude of some the staff
You've never worked in customer service have you?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2010, 03:33 AM
if your subscription hasnt kicked in yet cant you just cancel it?