Lt. Commander
# 11
02-26-2010, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merls
You've never worked in customer service have you?
I've worked in customer service for the last 10 years of my life

Hell I've worked as professional tech support for several companies. I can safely say taht even by my standards (and man I'm really bad at it, like worse than a drunk indian trained on an Atari 400) crytpic customer service is ********.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-26-2010, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merls
You've never worked in customer service have you?
on the flip yes i have and do, i have to put up with physical as well as verbal abuse but to ask for them not to would only encourage them. So working in the nightclub industry i get far worse than words on a screen and i dont use the snobby attitude such as that
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-26-2010, 03:39 AM
Is there away ??? to get a refund on the life time acct?? just asking ) would be nice to know
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-26-2010, 03:41 AM
Well the thing is customer service isnt under his job description anyway
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-26-2010, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theth
Is there away ??? to get a refund on the life time acct?? just asking ) would be nice to know
aye that would be nice to know but no one wants to say and tickets dont get responses so what to do
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-26-2010, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaisey
yes however have you read some of his other posts? they all seem to be less than happy i am not saying that i hate the guy merely that i do not like the problems in the game and attitude of some the staff
You are right with your thinking, it goes beyond just this one incident and also speaks to the core of this game, or lack thereof and the people who so hatefully defend it. The game feels too unfinished so all we have is a community in the forums left to fall back on, when that sucks too, time to move on. Cryptics statements and their encouragement to their fanbois to insult non conforming paying customers have made this decision very easy.

Wise move.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-26-2010, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStreaker
You are right with your thinking, it goes beyond just this one incident and also speaks to the core of this game, or lack thereof and the people who so hatefully defend it. The game feels too unfinished so all we have is a community in the forums left to fall back on, when that sucks too, time to move on. Cryptics statements and their encouragement to their fanbois to insult non conforming paying customers have made this decision very easy.

Wise move.
thanks for the understanding i noticed you like me want the game to succeed but have been disappointed
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-26-2010, 03:47 AM
Quote:
on the flip yes i have and do, i have to put up with physical as well as verbal abuse but to ask for them not to would only encourage them. So working in the nightclub industry i get far worse than words on a screen and i dont use the snobby attitude such as that
So have I as head doorman and if I had been spoken to the way some people do in hear it would have been an instant lifetime ban not only from that club ut all the ones in our group.

There is a thread somewhere on how to get a refund on lifetime subs butyou will have to search for it yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-26-2010, 03:49 AM
Quote:
I know this isnt the correct section of the forum to post this but couldnt find a support for it.

Where can i go about getting a refund on my lifetime membership as although i enjoy this game at present the content is shallow and unfinished that didnt bother me as such until i read gozers comment in the forums threatening the general public with silence and no information if we complained about a patch of false information. I read on and on and on and no apology for generalising all i found was one person in the same thread who claims to have had personal mail threat/abuse from this person and now i feel compelled to ask myself am i going to pay cryptic and condone this sort of behaviour without remourse or response and am i going to pay to support it i am starting to think not.

And the part that is annoying me is that the video still has the same date on it still isn't going to be out on time and there has been no public posting on the website to say its delayed, and still the video is there and telling people new content advertising to new customers who may not know that it is delayed. smells like false advertising and bad business practice.

And before you all go flaming me or jumping to cryptics defense ask yourself this would you go into something like i dunno a shop and pay them to insult you? No? then why defend someone that has our money and insults you with false deadlines then threatens you?
Go to the Accounts tab on the home page, click it and go to Subscriptions. Cancel. Easy as pie. Wait, is pie easy?

As far as your points go, /yawn. The devs clarified that video and the incorrect date; read the Dev comments. They have a whole forum section with links to everything the devs say here.

Before you lament about someone going to Cryptic's defense; pointing out where you're wrong isn't defending someone. Just pointing out where you're wrong. But if this is SUCH a big matter for you that you MUST <sob> quit, then so be it. Do whatever you want to do and g'luck finding something you enjoy. Probably won't be a MMO though. But whatever.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-26-2010, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlicedPeaches
I've worked in customer service for the last 10 years of my life

Hell I've worked as professional tech support for several companies. I can safely say taht even by my standards (and man I'm really bad at it, like worse than a drunk indian trained on an Atari 400) crytpic customer service is ********.
Just because you have worked in customer service for 10 years does not mean that you know what good customer service is.

The problem here is that people are reading too deep into the posts from Gozer and drawing conclusions based strictly on what THEY think he meant. People are not being objective because they are already angry because of the state of the game, so any reason to bash and attack Cryptic they are jumping on.

I find it funny because during my five years spent working at Best Buy (2002-2007), I ran into many customers like this. There were those that had legitimate complaints and concerns, and I took care of them and gained a customer for life. There were some, like some in here, that I flat out told to their face that they can go across the street and that I do not want their business. The customer is NOT always right, and anyone who says otherwise is way out of touch with reality.

(This post has nothing to do with the game or whether I support it or will cancel my sub, so all you fanboi haters and fanboi's can keep your comments about it. This is about logical thinking and being objective, you know, critical thinking skills?)