Lt. Commander
# 1 Ok I say Cryptic Dosent get it
02-26-2010, 03:56 AM
Was looking over the forums and read a post, a small responce that said simply, " Do a google search on Star Trek Online Reveiw, wow I am down now"

I thought, yeah right, for every reveiw thats bad there is probly one that are great...right?

To be fair I did find a very few blogs that like the game, but for the most part the 3 links here sum up what the public eye has to say, and Everything brought up in the reveiws have been posted here ...even during beta.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3177943

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/start...y;watch-review

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/star-trek-o...1069983p1.html

Now once again, before I get flamed, I could have posted a few of the good reveiws, but even thoses were quick to point out the flaws. I want to see this game grow, but with it getting stomped on sooo badly

So .................
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 04:01 AM
mmo ratings are subject to change, even more in an unfinished state like sto is right now. it needs time, question is... will it get enough to do well, with games like cataclysm and old republic on the horizon?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 04:02 AM
We are all "the public" and we don't all agree with every negative statement about STO. But thanks for speaking for all of us...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 04:05 AM
Another one of these? Good grief, so STO isn't your favorite game. We git it already...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 04:05 AM
Well my gaming magazine gave it a 79/100 .... i can live with that ..... and whats more important i don't care what other people think and make my own decision

Quote:
but even thoses were quick to point out the flaws
Sooooo ? Jeah sure the game has flaws, so have the most games ...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2010, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
We are all "the public" and we don't all agree with every negative statement about STO. But thanks for speaking for all of us...
well if you consider 324 people as representative, which one could... the games current rating would be 6.3, according to metacritic. but to be fair, those user ratings are ****ed up most of the time... so we better go with the official review average , which would be 65 right now, pretty close anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2010, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
Thats really all you got from that..............? No where in my post did you say "I was speaking for the public" The game reveiws are out there and 85 percent of them are negitive. That is what I refered to as " The public eye"

Take another number and try again
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2010, 04:09 AM
um the piece of carp movie legion got a B- reviews mean jack to me anyways
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2010, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Another one of these? Good grief, so STO isn't your favorite game. We git it already...
FFS read the post, I want to see the game grow, but if things go the way they are, new cunsumers will stay away from it, Troll on
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2010, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
FFS read the post, I want to see the game grow, but if things go the way they are, new cunsumers will stay away from it, Troll on

I watched that video in the first link. The footage they showed of the game does not do the ground pvp any justice at all. Looked like two players just standing toe to toe doing nothing but pressing the same key over and over. Most of what they say are based off opinion and not fact. They used a tier one ship to show space combat? Yeah, great footage. This game is young, it will grow. There are alot of things about it I do not like either. But I know Cryptic, they go out of their way to bring a game people want to them. Instead of posts like these, we need more suggestion posts to help set Cryptic on the right track.