Lt. Commander
# 1 Tier 2 Crafting
02-26-2010, 06:34 AM
Does anyone know a good source of Common Mk VI gear that can be used at Memory Alpha. I can't find common of these items on the Exchange, and I don't know what enemies drop them. Any info?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 06:39 AM
Tier 2... don't you mean MK IV?

Unfortunately, I don't know. Sol doesn't seel MK IV. DS9 has some MK IV, but not anything conducive for getting to Tier 3.

Supposedly there is a Starbase 36 (or 39) but I've not come across this starbase yet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 06:49 AM
Yeah the crafting is annoying i came across the same problem if they insist one this kinda of crating there should be a source to get the parts needed.

Should be renamed to the upgrading skill
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 06:54 AM
Tier 2 is mostly Mk IV, but there are Mk VI items available and give the most credit worth, hence why I'm looking for them. I tried Starbase 39 when it was operational and didn't see any there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
Does anyone know a good source of Common Mk VI gear that can be used at Memory Alpha. I can't find common of these items on the Exchange, and I don't know what enemies drop them. Any info?
I have not found anywhere to easily get these items. So far Mk IV and VI gear I have found ONLY comes from enemy drops. Certain things drop a lot more than others - for example, I seem to get a ridiculous number of personal shields and engines, so I can craft just fine with the Engineer. Any stuff for the Tactical side I seem to have to buy because if I do find some Mk IV or VI gear, it is green at least lol. Hence the high prices on the exchange.

Sorry don't have better news for you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2010, 07:09 AM
If you buy an extra captain ship, strip off the items it comes with, you will get a Mk VI engine for use at the one person, and a ship shield or deflector to use at another of the people. Sell off the remaining unusable pieces. Rinse and repeat.

This is the only way I know to get those pieces besides drops, or getting mighty lucky on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macerx View Post
Yeah the crafting is annoying i came across the same problem if they insist one this kinda of crating there should be a source to get the parts needed.

Should be renamed to the upgrading skill
Or the "Refit" Skill.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2010, 08:19 AM
Ok, so the buying a Captain ship works for Science and Engineering, but what about Tactical. I notice most of Anichent's stuff is plasma based, so should I grind some Romulan PvE?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
I asked the same thing the other day and pretty much confirmed what I had found. the vendors sell only odd numbered white items and you have to have even numbered white items. I am sure Cryptic did that on purpose but really think it is a horrible choice. the crafting / refitting / upgrading system is so bare bones as it is, why make it so bloody tough on top of that

though I did see one interesting piece of advice in this thread that I hadn't seen before - buying and stripping ships of gear. will need to confirm what gear my LtC Klingon gets in another couple of levels. may have to do some buying on both sides and send it all to my Fed capt to upgrade

if anyone out there knows of any vendors any where that stock even numbered white items that can be used at memory alpha, please please let us know
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Anyone know if it matters which tier2 guy I use to get to tier 3? I don't have any of the engineering stuff (i'm engineering) but I happen to have what the tactical person wants.