Lt. Commander
I just bought a ms arc mouse for my laptop, and in testing I found that the scroll wheel will not respond in STO at all. The scroll wheel works fine outside of STO. Tried on 4 different pc's and same result. Also all other mice I try (ms wired, logitech wireless, logitech mx black laser etc.etc..) the scroll wheel works fine in STO.

I have not installed the driver software for ANY of the above mice. Does anyone have an idea why the arc mouse scroll wheel will not work in STO? Also the arc mouse didn't even come with drivers so installing them is not an option.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 08:22 AM
See if the Microsoft IntelliPoint mouse software helps

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...px?category=MK
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 08:24 AM
I will give it a shot, but if I have to have the intellipoint to make the scroll wheel work I will be dissapointed. I hate the various mouseing softwares and tend to run my mice without them. This will be the first mouse to even need the manufacturer's software for the scroll wheel to work.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilazar View Post
I will give it a shot, but if I have to have the intellipoint to make the scroll wheel work I will be dissapointed. I hate the various mouseing softwares and tend to run my mice without them. This will be the first mouse to even need the manufacturer's software for the scroll wheel to work.
Yes, I also avoid installing the third party software for mice.