Lt. Commander
# 11
02-26-2010, 10:35 AM
A repost here, but with the shear amount of DP threads I don't want to type out the same thing over and over.

A poster in another thread had a good idea in my opinion, at least for space.

When in space rather than blow up, the ship should be disabled , Then have an appropriate enemy boarding party beam aboard, now in order to get back to the space fight, you and your bridge crew will need to secure your ship ,eliminate the boarding party and repair some damaged systems , completing this task, would equate to a simple but effective time sink.

No loss of anything other than a 5/10 minutes or so.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The velour fog
A repost here, but with the shear amount of DP threads I don't want to type out the same thing over and over.

A poster in another thread had a good idea in my opinion, at least for space.

When in space rather than blow up, the ship should be disabled , Then have an appropriate enemy boarding party beam aboard, now in order to get back to the space fight, you and your bridge crew will need to secure your ship ,eliminate the boarding party and repair some damaged systems , completing this task, would equate to a simple but effective time sink.

No loss of anything other than a 5/10 minutes or so.
This actually sounds kinda cool . . . what happens if you lose?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threather
This actually sounds kinda cool . . . what happens if you lose?
Doc beams you to sickbay revives you, tells you he pulled you out right as you were overwhelmed or some such , and you move on till you clear the ship?

It wasn't completely fleshed out when i read it ,but I did like the premise, instead of a penalty it would be more akin to a mini quest.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-26-2010, 11:45 AM
What would have happened in the Star Trek series Voyager if people like these believers of the DP-cult have had a say in it? It would have cancelled after a few episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
What would have happened in the Star Trek series Voyager if people like these believers of the DP-cult have had a say in it?.
Nothing cos its a tv series not a mmo....anyway what have the two things got to do with each other in the first place?.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
What would have happened in the Star Trek series Voyager if people like these believers of the DP-cult have had a say in it? It would have cancelled after a few episodes.
Voyager lost crewmen through out the whole series and Janeway mourned every last one of them. Sounds like a death penalty to me.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Quote:
I know right, these people are hungry to force everyone else who does NOT want a Dealth Penalty to submit to one. They should just make the penalty optional for those die hard folks.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zander_Hawk View Post
I know right, these people are hungry to force everyone else who does NOT want a Dealth Penalty to submit to one. They should just make the penalty optional for those die hard folks.
I am a avid supporter of harder content and a DP and i could not care less if it was optional and others could turn it off.

You and others seem to think that those you consider hardcore are trying to ruin whatever you consider to be fun about a virtual god mode but the fact is im betting most are like me and do not care at all if you wish to play the game in god/easy mode and are more interested in making the game challenging for ourselves.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zander_Hawk View Post
To be honest, I couldn't care less either way. However, Death Penalties have their place. This is not Quake, nor is it Madden. Its an RPG and since the beginning of the genre, there has always been a penalty for PvP. Why should that be any different now?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Why is it I get a negative feeling whenever I see "Fair death penalty" or "one we can all agree on" in a thread title?