Lt. Commander
# 11
03-02-2010, 12:37 PM
@PegasusMD Thanx for the suggesstion. I have tryed that out (installation without AV) and the error still persists. Its interesting that after several days the Cryptic Customer support did not respond.

Such bad support as Cryptic demonstates I never expirianed. It is very pitty that Cryptic is gratfull accepting my money but in return they offer a extremly bad service. Can it be that the saying becomes true.... bad service bad game....

with kind regards
Taar32
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taar32
@PegasusMD Thanx for the suggesstion. I have tryed that out (installation without AV) and the error still persists. Its interesting that after several days the Cryptic Customer support did not respond.

Such bad support as Cryptic demonstates I never expirianed. It is very pitty that Cryptic is gratfull accepting my money but in return they offer a extremly bad service. Can it be that the saying becomes true.... bad service bad game....

with kind regards
Taar32
You know what a queue system means right? You know what thousand of other players in teh queue before you means? You know what limited amoutn of CS staff means?

If you are going to troll, go to the general forums. You really don't want to start trolling here, no matter how upset you may be.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
You know what a queue system means right? You know what thousand of other players in teh queue before you means? You know what limited amoutn of CS staff means?

If you are going to troll, go to the general forums. You really don't want to start trolling here, no matter how upset you may be.

Its not a toll m8 ist a fact. Yes I am upset because I bought the game and as sub for 6 Monthns. Is it rearly so unbelivable that after all a customer like me just whants to enter the game and enjoy it. That Cryptic has not enough manpower to solve that huge wave of technical difficulties is visible. From a customer perspective it means that
a. They are not proffessional enough to handle it or
b. They are too profit orientated not to employ more to solve the problems or
c. both of that.

I just would like to know how I can solve the follwoing Problem:

After Install and paching I recive during the start of the game the following Error: Corrupt pig file detected\nRead failed for file: Animation_Library/Core_4arms_Male/Scale/Scale_4arms_Male.Atrk

With kind regards
Taar32
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

Again.... not a troll.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=131563&page=2
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Still no support by the officials and the error persists. Dose someone have an Idea how to solve that Problem If yes all Ideas are more than welcome, because I start thinking to demand my money back because the game is not playable till now.

Compendium:

I bought the game online at the STO Store, downloaded it and installed it. after 3-5h of parching I tried to start the game and received the following Error msg: Corrupt pig file detected\nRead failed for file: Animation_Library/Core_4arms_Male/Scale/Scale_4arms_Male.Atrk

after receiving several tips from Forum Users (btw thnx again to all) and several try outs of different installation methods (without Anti Virus Program, forcing of a patch at start etc...) the Error still persists. Even the installation on a total different PC did not solve my problem

Cryptic Support still did not answer to my Ticket

Any Ideas what I can do more to get this game running, there is no fun in having a 6 month sub and the damn thing is not usable.

With kind regards
Taar32
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-04-2010, 06:04 PM
I have a solution for this problem, but first....

You need to get the exact error message from the window. I realize it is telling you that Animation\etc etc etc is the root cause of the problem, but we need to know which .hogg file its under (hogg files are basically .zip files that you can't acces)

When the error box pops up it should say something like this:

D:\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\piggs\BIN\ THEN animation\ etc etc etc

we need to know which file is listed after the PIGGS folder directory... the next file is a HOGG file (dont ask cause I don't know... but I think the naming is savy).

After that....

You can follow my directions in this post:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=110507&page=4

Please bump the thread with success or failiure.

Thank You
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-05-2010, 04:36 PM
@ GrStaKa thank you for good hint! The problem was not soved by that procedure BUT, I figured out that the downloaded installation files had some mistakes. I have downloaded the STO file in total the 4x and 3 versions did not work The last file downloaded on an plain Laptop (only Windows 7 installed) gave me an STO Folder with installation Files that worked and the game was installed on the Laptop.
I have tried this Files now on my Gaming PC and it worked too but for the installation and patching the Firewall has to be turned off as someone already suggested in this tread before. So I can say that it was hard to install the game and make it run.
Thnx all who tried to help!

With kind regards
Taar32

PS
Customer support: became active and suggested a procedure that I tried it out with the corrupt File on an Test PC outcome: It do not work as it was suggested.

----------------------------------THREAD CLOSED---------------------------------------------------------------------------