Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I died three times in a match just now to a Viral Matrix spammer because when I used Science Team it didn't clear the effect. Another time I lived through the efffect but sat there held for the full duration. It went off and it did all the things it normally does EXCEPT for clear the hold effect. I asked my team members in the match and all of them had the same issue. Anyone else noticed this? If so they need to fix this ASAP.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Are you sure you weren't also hit with a subnucleonic beam? I think it would seem like pretty much the same thing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoGrohl View Post
Are you sure you weren't also hit with a subnucleonic beam? I think it would seem like pretty much the same thing.
Not really. One of them all of your abilities go on cooldown (with timers on them), the other your abilities other than Science/Engineering/Tactical Team are simply greyed out. It's pretty clear which you're under the effects of.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 11:46 AM
You were probably hit with two skills VM first and then something else. Your SCI team took off the 2nd skill leaving you with the VM still intact.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike111
You were probably hit with two skills VM first and then something else. Your SCI team took off the 2nd skill leaving you with the VM still intact.
If you read the description of Science Team it is supposed to remove Science Debuffs and give you immunity for 30 seconds. It isn't doing that. I get held, use it, and continue to be held. I did have it work a few times today so it might just be that only some ranks of VM are ignoring it. I also had it happen several times where I used it once, it cleared VM and then someone else used it on me while Science Team was still up and I got held. Clearly something snuck in with this last patch because several people I played with also had the same thing happen.

And yes, I know the difference between VM and Subnucleonic Beam