Lt. Commander
# 11
02-26-2010, 11:09 AM
If we want to see something like this implemented, it's going to have to get a lot of replies to catch the dev's eyes. I didn't even catch a single mention of diplomacy in the "State of the Game" announcement. Let's prove to them that we really do want it added in!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-26-2010, 11:37 AM
They already said that they will implement more diplomacy in the game. I hope it won't be by creating a few diplomatic episodic missions. I'd rather have a real system like yours used in the exploration part of the game, i.e. in repeatable quests. Tired of pewpew ? Let's go to the nearest star cluster and negociate a little.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-26-2010, 11:39 AM
The only way I want diplomacy to work is something like Vanguard's diplomacy card game. No method of npc chat box selections will keep me interested.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-26-2010, 12:21 PM
bumping for something that needs to be implemented
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-26-2010, 01:32 PM
I realized this thread is just getting pushed down because of all the Death Penalty threads. Maybe I should repost somewhere else where it'll end up being seen by more people.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Pure genius! I would love to see this!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relict View Post
I realized this thread is just getting pushed down because of all the Death Penalty threads. Maybe I should repost somewhere else where it'll end up being seen by more people.
Usually, non combat threads last longer in the "Missions" subforum.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-26-2010, 02:02 PM
This is a fantastic idea. I'd love to see how the twists would turn out. I could see some interesting conversations with Q from this.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeCrazy
This is a fantastic idea. I'd love to see how the twists would turn out. I could see some interesting conversations with Q from this.
I hadn't even considered that, but you're right! Or even the Borg Queen? That could be a tough negotiation!
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Good post, thumbs up.

Even if you don't implement a talent tree for it atm, if you could add some more choice content in the game, I feel the end of mission loot should always be the same so people don't just google 'which one gives the best reward' before doing it. But the way you get to the end of mission and the mission outcome should be allowed to be changed....Make sure you log the choice information to the character in the mission logs so if at a later date you wish to assign stats to a person on whether they seeked diplomatic solutions or military you could do so, or so if you make a follow up quest chain you can present it in a relevant way to each player depending on their previous interactions, i.e. if they forged positive relations with Gorn XXX, then perhaps that could be remembered perhaps by an enemy of Gorn XXX to make it harder if you wish, if they killed Gorn XXX, then perhaps his relation could make a mission harder for you in an act of revenge. Either way both mission plays could be similar, but you would feel your actions and choices created a different outcome tailored to you...

It is dead easy to do....lots of players would love it....consider it soon, before you only have that few that "understand" the game....