Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
Here is the link:

Star Trek Online Death Penalty Vote

Thx for everyone that votes.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Interesting results. About evenly split between 'current/no DP' and 'harder DP', though the presentation of the answers somewhat disguises this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahinder
Interesting results. About evenly split between 'current/no DP' and 'harder DP', though the presentation of the answers somewhat disguises this.
Its no where near even. at least not anymore.

It seems the majority really DO want a DP. The people that want no DP at all are definatly in the minority. That majority (almost 60% right now) at the very least wants it in PVE...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Sardoc:
I'll quote:
27% Current death penalty is fine
28% No death penalty at all is perfect
42% I want a harder death penalty than we have now

So... no, the majority does NOT want an appreciable death penalty, the majority want what we have now or less.

In fact, it's more 'anti DP' now than it was when I first looked at it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Is that a Scientificly valid poll? Just throwing questions randomly on a page does not mean the questions are valid. If you look at the numbers some people had to say they liked what exsited and turned around and said something different at other points. There is an art to polling, and a science. I understand the effort but is not remotely a real representation of what average players want. As for staying or going, my guess is the people who wanted to leave are already gone. I'm sure there are a few stuck here because at the moment they've disabled the ability to unsub. Not the most ethical way to keep customers but hey, you do what you have to do. I've got another month to wait and then likely I'm out of here. You never know, maybe they will fix enough but for me at least a Death Penalty isn't an improvement we need applied right now to the industries most broken game. You know, like focusing on health care in a depression. Fix what's broken first. Did anyone quit because of the DP? I doubt it. Did they quit because of space not being space, the ground movement? Lack of content? Lack of unique startrek like content, no pve for Klingons? ext... ext... sure they did. Fix what's broken then get distrated by things far less important. How many quests could be released in the same time the punishment of DP gets created and tested?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
We're sorry, but this poll is now closed.
So No-DP wins and you close the poll? How childish is that?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Oh btw the result are still aviable:
http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/475106/results

28% (73) Current death penalty is fine
28% (72) No death penalty at all is perfect
0% (2) I want a softer death penalty than we have now
42% (110) I want a harder death penalty than we have now

"Current death penalty is fine" and "No death penalty at all is perfect" is both anti-DP since there is no DP atm.

42,802% wants one, 57,198% does not

And well as i said before most people that dont want a DP most likely dont even know about the poll because why would they come to the forum if everything is fine for them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2010, 12:47 PM
BUMP for truth...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2010, 02:14 PM
The sad part is this poll shows that the people that come here to complain about the DP are an even smaller minority than I thought. Most players don't visit the forum, the ones that are visiting to complain are a small fraction, so the fact that even with a misrepresentitive cluster of them here to whine about it they still lost the poll. Cryptic would now officially be idiotic to listen to their demands.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Are people even dying right now for it to matter? What is the last time you died, besides in PvP or when you solo everything in fleet actions?

Who cares about a death penality when you dont die?