Lt. Commander
# 1 crystilline Entity
02-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Is anyone else finding it impossible to kill this thing because ive been trying for 5 times on 5 different days and I still have yet to win. Can the developers you know make it possible to win im tired of beating my head against a wall fighting this thing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Yes it is a pain and seem u cant kill it to me
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 12:41 PM
You can kill it. You just have to have a decent group, and not be terrible.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Full power to engines so you can stay ahead of the crystal shards. Keep moving around the entity. maintain debuffs on the entity. Don't get hit by large crystal shards or they'll turn into small crystal shards and go back and heal the entity. It's doable, but everyone has to be on the same page with full power to engines so they can avoid getting hit by any shards. All it takes is for a couple people to let a large shard or two hit them and it's back to square one. every large shard that hits a player will explode and break into three small shards. Each of those small shards will go back to heal the entity.. Also, anecdotally speaking (because I've spent HOURS in it sometimes) it seems to spawn more large crystal shards when it's under 1/3 health, so at 33% everyone should tighten up and pay extra attention. Blow any cooldowns you have that will debuff the entity or buff your beam weapons and pay extra attention to not getting hit by large crystal shards.

In short: 3 types of shards Large crystalline shards, crystalline shards and small crystalline shards. Small ones heal the entity. this is bad. Crystalline shards hurt when they hit you, but otherwise do nothing else. Large crystalline shard will explode when they hit you and break into three small shards. Don't let this happen. Keep your engines at 100% and kite them. Watch where you go so you don't fly into the shards anyone else is kiting. Maintain buffs on yourself, debuffs on the entity and keep up a broadside attack while doing all of the above. It's difficult, but thats what makes it fulfilling when you finally get it

edit: Oh yes, and for the LOVE OF GOD, DON'T USE MINES. The large crytal shards will "attack" them and when they impact, will still break into 3 small shards that will then heal the entity. If you have a mine layer equipped, unequip it. A mine launcher will do way more harm to the groups effort than flying around with an empty weapon slot.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 01:31 PM
this is no problem to kill even if you not use the "easy mode" that hopefully get patched soon...

all ya need is to avoid small frags, either you dodge the large ones or kill em thats all.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2010, 01:38 PM
It's still sad to see you crusading for this Uncho. You are free to do this encounter your way in your own instance. The current implementation of this fight does not REQUIRE you to kill it using, as you say, "easy mode". Yet you wish to force your technique onto everyone else.

I still fail to understand your desire to force a singular tactic onto others through a patch. Save the "my way or the highway" mentality for the 2 year olds.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2010, 07:27 PM
No its sad to see you and your "lack of skill method" running around here cause its these lets dont move or use our brain tactics that makes this encounter so hard...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Whats really annoying is the people that purposely attack the fragments to make the encounter even harder. Just spent 45mins doing CE got it to 7% an than bang.... back to 100% in 30 seconds thanks to people that where killing the fragments.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2010, 10:21 PM
It is possible to kill it. After 5 days of trying I finally completed it today. What it comes down to is a decent group who's willing to cooperate & work as a team.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broxie
Whats really annoying is the people that purposely attack the fragments to make the encounter even harder. Just spent 45mins doing CE got it to 7% an than bang.... back to 100% in 30 seconds thanks to people that where killing the fragments.
NO its ppl that dont know how this encounter works and telling others these stupid and wrong infos makes it so hard.