Lt. Commander
# 1 I almost quit...
02-26-2010, 01:48 PM
No, not the game, but posting on these boards. You see, I grow tired of watching people who are posting so much gibberish on these boards, it has become a free for all party on how many people can post the same thread over and over and over. It has become an intergalactic war on these boards, and I for one am ashamed to see this.

I am rather disappointed in the Star Trek Online community as a whole. This does not befit the mentality of what I thought a Star Trek fan would act like. Anyone who can appreciate Star Trek, I would think would also share its values. Meaning polite diplomacy, always taking the extra forethought and being mindful of the things we say to one another, as it is easy to offend others. I made a post in these boards two years ago, something to the affect of, "Excited to play a game with a mature community for a change," instead it would seem we have nothing but the players from WoW and the Mickey Mouse Club.

I see nothing but people handing each other continuous underhanded insults. Insults that are *juuuuuust* enough to avoid moderation. People are repeatedly posting about the silly Death Penalty instead of keeping it to one thread. People are bickering back and forth, trying to over power each other's posts with even more underhanded insults. Some insults are down right up front and an attack at one's character. The Mods are letting far too many of these posts ride therefor people continue to push the limits of the forum rules.

Now this does not apply to *everyone* who is posting in these boards, but it would for sure seem that the people whom I am referring to are over powering the people who are acting calm and collective. This needs to stop. Mods need to jump in to action and start getting these forums under control and people need to relax a bit and come to a conclusion that we all as a majority can agree upon. Unfortunately, not everyone who plays the game and has an opinion will post on these boards. So it is up to us as a forum community to become a collective and come to a compromise.

I made a thread a few days ago that was attempting to do just that...compromise. But alas I spelled compromise wrong, realized it not even 10 seconds later, fixed the error and before I could fix the misspelled word, the thread was derailed with the very next post because they felt that if I could not spell compromise correctly, then my thread and what I had to say was not worth listening to. Shame, because I believe what I had to say in that thread was a good start at bringing this community, people from both sides of the spectrum, together in a civil manner and bringing this discussion to a final conclusion. But no, the thread was derailed instantly and it became a discussion on my inability to spell instead of focusing more on what the meaning I was attempting to convey. So that thread was buried and long gone in just a few short minutes.

Please, I implore you, pick one thread, and conduct yourselves like Starfleet officers. Bring this discussion to a civil level and let us end this once and for all. Otherwise these forums will turn into nothing more than a WoW ghetto forum. I am sure none of us want this to happen, but people posting things like what I have been seeing here, will certainly be an invitation to the like minded adolescent mentality and will become over run with nonsense.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
No, not the game, but posting on these boards. You see, I grow tired of watching people who are posting so much gibberish on these boards, it has become a free for all party on how many people can post the same thread over and over and over.
You do realize that to make this statement you created a brand new thread, essentially 'posting the same thread' over and over again. There's dozens of "I'm leaving" and "I quit" and "Not happy" threads, active on on this very page. Why make a new one?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Because I have looked at those threads, and they have all become derailed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Come on over to Ten Foward for a while. Things do not get dull there at all. Trust me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 01:55 PM
You just added more gibberish to this boards...

/cry
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
No, not the game, but posting on these boards. You see, I grow tired of watching people who are posting so much gibberish on these boards, it has become a free for all party on how many people can post the same thread over and over and over. It has become an intergalactic war on these boards, and I for one am ashamed to see this.
You...you decided to protest these kinds of posts by making another one?
Lt. Commander
# 7
I tried too do what you suggest OP, but I need the help of the community to get it going:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=128011

It's a huge post, but it's meant to be mature and helpful to the developers.
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
Please, I implore you, pick one thread, and conduct yourselves like Starfleet officers. Bring this discussion to a civil level and let us end this once and for all. Otherwise these forums will turn into nothing more than a WoW ghetto forum. I am sure none of us want this to happen, but people posting things like what I have been seeing here, will certainly be an invitation to the like minded adolescent mentality and will become over run with nonsense.
If it was that easy, we wouldn't need forum moderation at all. Alas, we do, and moderators ain't doin' their jobs. Which is why you see thread after thread about the same topic. They knew the State of the Game post was coming, they should have had a sticky forum discussion ready to go.

To be brutally honest, if you are letting the forums get to you..then you should quit them. The forums should never ever "get" to anybody. It's just a jumble of anonymous people, some civil and some not. It is also not accurate representation of a community in general.
Lt. Commander
# 9
OP I don't get it.. So there is to much blah blah blah blah.. so i must add more cause it will be better than their blah blah blah blah?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-26-2010, 01:57 PM
TL;DR after reading all the dp threads. Sorry