Lt. Commander
# 1 Create your own mission!
02-26-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm making a new thread in the sea of idiocy that is the forums currently to try to stir up some creative thought. Write your own episode/mission ideas!

Mine would be this.

You start out with your normal go to planet X and get medical supplies, beam down and have to go through lots of dialog to actually get them. Soon it seems that they are stalling you for some reason. Then you find out that your tricorder isn't working and a forcefield is preventing you from communicating with your ship!

It's a undine/romulan/gorn/whatever trap! Blast your way out of the compound and take out the field generators. Your ship isn't replying so you have to force your way (or sneak since it's heavily guarded) into a shuttle bay and steal a shuttle.

Escaping the planet is another level where you have to pilot through the atmosphere of the planet taking out turrets and fighters till you can escape.

Once on board your ship you find it under attack and taken over by the whatever race and have to actually go deck from deck ON YOUR SHIP (yay chance to explore your own craft) and rescue the crew!

Another mission I had in mind would be exploring deep space and getting stuck in a nebula that is crawling with space mites that attached themselves to your ship and started draining power. The only way to get rid of them is to put on a space suit and walk on the outer hull and blast them off. It's be a interesting mission giving you a chance to see your ship a lil closer from the outside.

So come on people, lets put the talk of "other" topics to rest and brainstorm some awesome stuff that could actually make the game more interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Bumping for sake of getting something positive on the front page.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 02:46 PM
I think the smartest thing Cryptic could do would be to design a program that lets us learn a little programming and then create our own missions. The missions can be played by us and our friends on our holodeck for zero points, or, we can submit them to cryptic and, if cryptic finds them to be of quality and in-game content (no flying Obama heads or whatever) they can start rolling them out for everyone to enjoy.

This adds a great deal of likely quality missions, and lets people have fun.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
I think the smartest thing Cryptic could do would be to design a program that lets us learn a little programming and then create our own missions. The missions can be played by us and our friends on our holodeck for zero points, or, we can submit them to cryptic and, if cryptic finds them to be of quality and in-game content (no flying Obama heads or whatever) they can start rolling them out for everyone to enjoy.

This adds a great deal of likely quality missions, and lets people have fun.
Letting players create content would be awesome, but creating a interface for us might take more resources than they are able.

Great idea though. Maybe for the next expansion we'll get a mission editor.