Lt. Commander
# 1 Screen shots
02-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Can anyone please tell me how I can get screen shots. In particularly I want pictures of my characters as they are In Game (they don't appear as they should on the character loader).

I've tried using screen print but when I copy the image, all I get is a black rectangle.

I've also tried to use the capture program you get with Windows 7, but you cannot overlay that into the STO game.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Print Screen should save a screenshot to your screenshots folder. If you're in Windows 7, I believe the folder is:

C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\Screenshots

Black screenshots can be a symptom of bad nVidia drivers though, so see if your screenshots are getting saved and if they're black there too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 02:33 PM
press print screen. Screenshots are then found in

Installation drive:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Ah thanks. So it is.

Also for those using Windows 7, you might find the path in Program Files (or Program Files (x86)

which is where it was for me.

But thanks guys. This was helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 02:44 PM
I don't have a printscreen button on my keyboard (I know, I suck ) but I was told that typing /screen in the chat window will let me get screen shots. Haven't logged in yet to test this, but if it works...awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akril View Post
Ah thanks. So it is.

Also for those using Windows 7, you might find the path in Program Files (or Program Files (x86)

which is where it was for me.

But thanks guys. This was helpful.

I use windows 7. The path I gave you is the default installation path that the install client selects ( except in my case it's on a drive lettered G:/ because I chose to put it there. )
It's an odd path and putting a whole game into the user directory is a short term fix for some account issues but really a poor choice for system stability. Putting any game on the same drive as your operating system is a bad enough move.