Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Hey guys,

I am so bored of non existing challange in pvp. The whole pvp concept is about competition. But when u gain nothing by winning or loosing the battle why should even fight ? I mean u enter the zone, do 1dmg and then watch tv until it is over. U gain same marks for it. A game with no motivation to win is no game at all.

I hope cryptic will change that one day (and the wrong tool tips, no death penalty, easy difficuluty, complicated crafting ect.)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2010, 06:27 AM
I would like to see some 1v1 or 2v2 PVP arenas. Make small maps for ground or space and make it 1v1 option or 2v2. The way it is now is total gang warfare. Usually once a team stays togther and wins the first battle, the other team never seems to catch up as they stay togther and nuke. Not very skill based the way it is now. It gets really boring really fast. People want a challenge where there skills shine through!! Not gang warfare where the more ppl you had clustered together = instant victory.

I know the game is new but playing Klingon gets boring if all u do is PVP and half the time it depends on other players who sit there and enter the zone and do some damage then just go AFK. i don't blame them cause its kinda boring the way it is right now. You zone in, try and group up, but most grps have bad communication so once either you or the enemy is clustered togther, its 95% game over so just go AFK and wait for it to end.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2010, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicus27 View Post
Hey guys,

I am so bored of non existing challange in pvp. The whole pvp concept is about competition. But when u gain nothing by winning or loosing the battle why should even fight ? I mean u enter the zone, do 1dmg and then watch tv until it is over. U gain same marks for it. A game with no motivation to win is no game at all.

I hope cryptic will change that one day (and the wrong tool tips, no death penalty, easy difficuluty, complicated crafting ect.)
Why should you play chess? Why play cards? Why play Halo with your friends? No rewards for any of those either...

Fun and challenging don't need rewards to drive them. I've had some very fun and some very challenging PvP matches. There were some that came down to the wire, 14-14 with a dogfight going on to see who could get the last kill... great fun. There have also been some stinkers... welcome to PuGs.

As you stated, the challenge is competition. You don't need rewards to have a competition. If you're PvPing for the rewards, you're PvPing for the wrong reason, IMO.

Now, if you want to talk about Klingons having no other way to level and needing rewards for PvP, I'm all ears.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2010, 08:02 AM
I play to win and prefer a close competitive match(that I win of course). If you can't find sense of satisfaction in doing your best then you will never find a game that will satisfy you. Also it really helps the experience to have voice coms with your teammates, not just to improve your play but to increase the intensity of the experience.

K'rapok Cptn KDF
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Ummmm, because.....

It's fun :-)
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2010, 09:05 AM
This question just keeps popping up... I dont get it.

How is beating the other team in a game you chose to play not reward enough?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-27-2010, 09:24 AM
I don't get it either. If you are bored do something else. Level up a new toon. Try a Fed toon.

Why do you join a baseball, hockey, football team? It isn't for uber pvp gear.

Try new builds, skills etc.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-27-2010, 09:30 AM
People like the OP are the ones that screw it up for those of us who DO care about winning and don't happen to run in a premade. There's nothing like losing a match because some idiot has decided he'd rather go afk then fight, leaving your team outnumbered. Or better yet they decide the match is taking too long so they repeatedly suicide, ruining any chance you might have had of winning by giving the enemy free points.

Go play something else if you're bored. Don't ruin the game for the rest of us.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-27-2010, 10:00 AM
I mostly play Capture and Hold, and most of the time, it seems like at least one side is more interested in having a large battle than focusing on the objective and trying to win. I can't help but think the old AB adage, "fight at the flags!" I can only assume people ignore the objectives because the rewards for losing are just as good as winning. In games like that, I actually get rewarded (slightly) less, because you're rewarded for fighting, not capturing and holding points.

Again for emphasis, in Capture and Hold, you are rewarded more for fighting in the middle of nowhere than capturing and holding points. What?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-27-2010, 10:12 AM
to put it simple... I play to win ... if i cant win, i still give it my all till the end

anyone who has fought against me knows this

the rewards could be better, but it will never effect how hard i fight

Kakarot