Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-27-2010, 01:42 AM
They've got to fix the matchmaker queues before they do anything of the sort. Cause if I get spawned into a match where it's 1v5, you'd better believe I'm leaving. Kinda like how I'm gonna be real ticked if they add a death penalty before they fix the DSE npc's spawn camping.

Yeah, I can see that going over real well now. Spawn in, die before you can hit a button on the cruddy UI, get penalty for it. Way to go Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-27-2010, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
They've got to fix the matchmaker queues before they do anything of the sort. Cause if I get spawned into a match where it's 1v5, you'd better believe I'm leaving. Kinda like how I'm gonna be real ticked if they add a death penalty before they fix the DSE npc's spawn camping.

Yeah, I can see that going over real well now. Spawn in, die before you can hit a button on the cruddy UI, get penalty for it. Way to go Cryptic!
difficulty slider. youll never die in pve unless u want to
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-27-2010, 04:47 AM
You know, if they add a difficulty slider that has any button other than 'harder' I'm going to be disappointed. Cause the PvE in this game is already pretty easy. The only deaths are from bugs or just poor design, like the DSE spawncamp, or entire fleets of ships 'warping in' on top of you during a fleet action.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-27-2010, 05:01 AM
I agree the matchmaking and queue need to be fixed before something like this is added but its still something that will be needed, to help encourage people to stick it out.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-27-2010, 06:17 AM
Ive said it before and Ill happily say it again.

If the players on one side gets jumped/killed as they spawn into the game, Ill leave it, and find a game that suits my interest. This goes for both teams, if my own group spawncamp, Ill leave the group and hyper out.

If the match starts fairly, Ill play the game to its end, regardless of who is winning.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
a workaround is only fighting premades who actually care about pvp quality/winning. good to join "OrganizedPVP" chat in game for such a purpose
<S>
+++++++

this is a good channel for info, if u don't have no interest in organized pvp. Buuuuut you also get to meet interesting, and cool players, "who do not QQ about players, but debate the issues with certain mechanics in the game, by the developer"

hence not directed at the player.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Premade versus premade sure, but pugs versus premade is rarely any fun for the pug players. Most folks love to win by a landslide but hate to lose like that.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debonair View Post
Premade versus premade sure, but pugs versus premade is rarely any fun for the pug players. Most folks love to win by a landslide but hate to lose like that.
i believe the entire concept of random queueing is completely flawed. thats why we just created our own "lobby" to facilitate what cryptic wont, cant, or hasnt got around to yet. in time my friends, you wil be able to ocme into my room from a list im sure, or go fight someone else and actualy win
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Thbbt, I've never been big on premades. Makes things way too easy. Learned that in WAR. Going 200+ matches without a single loss and you start to go 'welp, this is actually just as boring as losing all the time'. Gotta keep things random, otherwise it's just a routine.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debonair View Post
I've dropped out a number of times in ground pvp as a fed, usuallly as a result of the klingon team being better coordinated, more numerous, outgeared, and more experienced then proceeding to steamroll. I feel bad for the klingon players who want to level or finish a round only to have feds like myself quit. Without an autobalance and the refusal of the outnumbering team to engage in one on ones while waiting for numbers to even out. I don't think anyone can be blamed for leaving.
I only tend to drop out on space battles that are horrifically unbalanced, not ground ones...I think you ought to have an option to call out the Klingons 1 at a time in that kind of situation. (and have it enforced by forcefields trapping the rest)...I'd have thought that having 1 v 1 duels in those kind of situations would be cool, and totally in keeping with noble single combat and all that,...but no...as long as two or three decide that they want to steamroller the solo player...you're dead meat.

I don't get why they don't have 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 pvp matches. There is plenty of precident in most of the TV series, although the ones I am thinking of right now are TOS, Arena, Gamesters of triskelion (although that was 3v3 i think)...let's have this genesis system set us up with some beautiful scenery to fight in..that would be so cool...something mostly different each time we play, maybe some ancient ruins, or a great arena (or tv studio like Bread and Circuses)....man, pvp could be so much better than it currently is