Lt. Commander
# 1 Chekov's Son Goes Missing
02-21-2010, 12:35 PM
http://www.walterkoenigsite.com/

http://thecomicscomic.typepad.com/th...vancouver.html

February 20, 2010

Has anyone seen Andrew Koenig? "Boner" from "Growing Pains" missing since 2/14 in Vancouver
Passing along some news that's definitely not funny, even though it concerns Andrew Koenig from "Never Not Funny" and better known from his teen-actor turn as "Boner" in the 1980s sitcomGrowing Pains.

Friends of Koenig have reported him missing, last seen Feb. 14 in Vancouver. This came in earlier today from Dave Holmes:

"Andrew Koenig (AK-47, the video guy on “Never Not Funny,” and “Boner” from “Growing Pains”) has been missing for a week, last seen 2/14 in Vancouver. Didn’t make his flight back to the US on 2/16. The Vancouver Police are involved, and lots of people are looking. Could you reblog this and help get the word out? And say some prayers or think some positive thoughts?"

Koenig, 41, is the son of Walter Koenig -- Star Trek's Chekov -- and brother-in-law of Jimmy Pardo. If you have seen him, please contact your local authorities.

UPDATED: Jenny Magenta, whom Koenig had been staying with in Vancouver before his disappearance, posted a message last night on Facebook, that read in part:

"If you have seen him, emailed him or had any contact after the 14th/15th or spent time with him during his stay in Vancouver and the police HAVE NOT contacted you yet, please call Detective Raymond Payette and his phone is 604-717-2534 and provide the information you have. Please do not call 911."

Posted by Sean L. McCarthy at 05:29:15 PM
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Man, that's the most depressing introduction, sharing of fan art, fan fiction, role playing, and attempt to make friends I've seen yet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2010, 02:23 PM
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/deta...ntentId=168148

Um, this is real. Here is a more official site. You know the tv station 'E!'
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminix
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/deta...ntentId=168148

Um, this is real. Here is a more official site. You know the tv station 'E!'
I hadn't read that one, thanks for the link.

And to SaintHazard, troll somewhere else.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2010, 03:42 AM
Yeah this is pretty sad for the Koenig family. I think ever Trek actor I can recall on twitter was tweeting about this yesterday and Renegade Studios (ST:OGAM) which Walter Koenig worked with sent an email out with some heavy details which are as follows:

Actor, producer, director, writer, editor, photographer....

Andrew Koenig - Walter's 41 year old son - has been missing since February 14th

Andrew Koenig was last seen on Valentine's Day, February 14, 2010, in Vancover, British Columbia. Andrew Koenig never boarded his flight back to the US, on 2/16 and he hasn't heard from since.

Andrew was last seen at a bakery in the Stanley Park area of Vancouver.

If you've seen Andrew since February 14th, PLEASE contact Detective Raymond Payette of the Vancouver PD at 604-717-2534.

Andrew, best know as "Boner" from "Growing Pains", is a funny, caring, gifted and passionate multi-talented young man.

Andrew performs at The Improv and is a camera operator for Never Not Funny, and has had roles in the movies NonSeNse, InAlienable, The Theory of Everything, Batman: Dead End, and on television in "Star Trekeep Space Nine",. "G.I. Joe", "My Two Dads", "21 Jump Street", "My Sister Sam", and "Adam-12". He's edited over a dozen films and directed, produced, and written many others.

Andrew has been an activist his entire life and most recently has been working on behalf of the people of Burma, and was arrested during the 2008 Rose Bowl parade for protesting American involvement in China's Olympics.

Andrew was suffering from depression at the time of his disappearance. The last time the Koenigs heard from Andrew was on February 9. His cell phone is turned off and the last time his phone received a text was on February 16 in Vancouver.

The Koenigs plan to fly up to Vancouver in the next few days.

Walter said of the Vancouver police and their efforts to find his son, "They have been kind, sensitive, generous and just extraordinary. Two of their investigators are working tirelessly today on their day off. They have been wonderful and I ask people to call the number from the Vancouver Police department ... if you have any information."

That police department number is 604-717-2534.

In defense of any rumors that might surface in the future, Walter added, "So many times when these kinds of reports about behavior and habits come out, there are insinuations that are untrue. Andrew has no narcotic habit."

While he greatly appreciates your thoughts, prayers, and encouragement... Please DO NOT contact Walter at this time unless it is an emergency.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2010, 05:49 AM
This is sad. I pray he's found alive. Depression is never an easy thing to overcome.
Lt. Commander
regardless, as most ever one knows, the story hasn't ended well. Here's a link to the article on People.

http://www.people.com/people/article...ss-fullcontent

Quote:
UPDATE

Confirmed: Andrew Koenig's Body Found
By Mike Fleeman

Update Friday February 26, 2010 06:25 AM EST
Originally posted Thursday February 25, 2010 08:10 PM EST

Andrew Koenig on Growing Pains (left) and recently
Facebook
Twitter
Yahoo Buzz
The body of Growing Pains star Andrew Koenig was found in a Vancouver park Thursday, the victim of a suicide.

"My son took his own life," his father, Walter Koenig, said in an emotional news conference in the park.

The actor's body was found about 11:30 a.m. in a heavily wooded area just off a bridle path in 1,000-acre Stanley Park, a favorite place for Koenig to frequent during his visits to Vancouver.

The body was found by a private search team of his family and friends. His father was in the midst of searching when he received a cell phone call from other searchers who discovered the body.

"I went to the site," Walter Koenig said, adding that's when he discovered his son had committed suicide.

Police and his family declined to comment on how Koenig took his life.

Koenig, 41, disappeared on Feb. 16 while traveling to the British Columbia city. Mounted officers had been searching the park, but didn't see the body amid the trees.

The announcement came a day after Koenig's father, who is also an actor – he starred as Mr. Chekov in the original Star Trek TV show and movies – made an emotional televised plea to his son to let the family know he was okay.

The younger Koenig, who played Kirk Cameron's pal Boner on the hit '80s sitcom, had long battled depression, his family said. He had cleared out his Los Angeles apartment about three weeks ago before traveling to Vancouver, where he once lived.

The elder Koenig was joined at the press conference by his wife. They put out a plea to anyone suffering depression as their son had to fight hard not to give up hope.

"If you can't handle it anymore, you know, if you could learn anything from this, is that there are people out ther who really care," said Walter Koenig.