Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
hey,

I just wanted to try a Klingon just to see that I dont got a char slot left to make one. So I went to c-store as mentioned in the tooltip at the creation screen just to learn that there´s no additional char slot to buy which left me confused.

Whats this c-store good 4 anyways? There´s a mere 2 things to get there aside from the specials bought with the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker
hey,

I just wanted to try a Klingon just to see that I dont got a char slot left to make one. So I went to c-store as mentioned in the tooltip at the creation screen just to learn that there´s no additional char slot to buy which left me confused.

Whats this c-store good 4 anyways? There´s a mere 2 things to get there aside from the specials bought with the game.
good question?

i wonder what search does?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddlich View Post
good question?

i wonder what search does?
I searched for "character Slot" and nothing came up
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:
I searched for "character Slot" and nothing came up
seriously?

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...73#post2233873
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddlich View Post
yea really... but maybe I searched for "additional character slot" and that was just too much

but still the tooltip shouldnt lead to the c-store when its not really available.

thx
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Quote:
yea really... but maybe I searched for "additional character slot" and that was just too much

but still the tooltip shouldnt lead to the c-store when its not really available.

thx
yep np, might have been the "additional" part that gave no topics found, idk seems wonky at times
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2010, 10:26 PM
You don't get an extra character slot when you pick the "Playable Federation Klingon" or the "Playable Federation Ferengi". All they do is add the Klingon and Ferengi races to the character list.

Hope this helps you out!
Lt. Commander
# 8 I was told the following
02-26-2010, 11:19 PM
Quote:
hey,

I called Cryptic and after 6 days and a total of 14+ hours sitting in hold a Billing Support person finally answered the phone. I was told that "only those who bought a lifetime subscription got a total of 5 chartacter slots, the rest of us only get three at this time. In the future we might be able to buy more empty character slots after paying more money to get C-Store credits." This SUCKS every MMO I have ever played or worked on has allowed 8 character slots ( WoW you get 8 per realm with a max of 40 characters per account. Why is Cryptic so CHEAP?)
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Oh, I don't know... perhaps Cryptic's budget is a FRACTION of Blizzard's. Blizzard has what, 11 million players across the world, all cashing in at, on average, 13-15$/month. So, yeah, do the math. They have a huge budget to work with, and a huge amount of servers to work with.

With great server power comes great blah blah blah. That might explain why they (Cryptic) are so... "cheap". They just don't have the budget to be extravagant.

Until the game has a stable player base, Cryptic will likely remain frugal with their machines' resources. They don't want to over expand and they certainly don't want to underestimate. WoW expands their servers when they reach a certain character population average. [Seems to be about 10000 toons/realm (give or take graciously to that figure) there was a website that kept track of all the toons that logged into a particular realm and gave class, race and toon gender stats.]

In any case, more character slots will be available in the C-Store at a later date. When this is, who knows. It's in the works. Cryptic has better things to do, like, well, bring you more content. They never expected, well, probably didn't expect so many aggressive gamers who made RA5 in less than 3 days or some such.

(Also, Cryptic seems to have been giving away c-store points lately. So, save those up, as they are giveaways, to purchase more character slots.)

If they want to slow people down, they'll slash the points you earn in half or in to a shadow of what they once were. Don't go askin' for that, they might just do it. Actually, they probably will if this get's noticed.... so disregard the above couple of sentences Devs. Not worth your time to read...

Also, it's 10 toons per realm in WoW... just sayin'.... and some people aren't happy with that either. So, you'll find people with the same complaint in a game that has twice-three times as many slots available.

Well, tl;dr - stop whining. cryptic not cheap, but poor. more slots coming. 10 toons per realm WoW. uhhh... go to bed. that is all.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestorWI1 View Post
Why is Cryptic so CHEAP?)
I read in other posts of the link above that it´s limited because the save-games need so much space. I´d call this a design flaw... I dont see why a save-game on theyr server cant just contain text, in that case it wouldnt need much space and could also be zipped.

WoW had 6 slots from the start when I recall that correct. It was increased with every addon.

I still find it cheap because I can actually play 4 classes, engineer, science, tactical (who I got already) and klingon... ergo there should be at least 4 slots available.