Lt. Commander
# 1 Resolution/Graphic Problem
02-26-2010, 08:30 PM
I have a Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, graphics card. i suspect that is is not enough to play the game on a good resolution, my driver is updated so that can be the only problem.
My problem is that the resolution is on 1024. When i try and put it on a better resolution the game goes black and then crashes. Is my graphics card the not good enough? and if so Why does it crash shouldn't it just put it back to the former resolution?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-26-2010, 11:58 PM
I can run STO on meh graphics on an intel X4500HD integrated on an x200t lenovo. resolution is 1280x800. It has 96MB of shared DDR3. Your card may not like the resolution you set it at. They can be fickle at times. Also, check the maximum screen resolution your monitor supports and all the others that it supports. It'll do weird things, sometimes, on settings it does not support.

If anything, pick a resolution that works. if 1024 works, keep it! in all honesty, the major difference between 1920x1080 and 1280x800 is mostly how packed your screen gets. i have TONS of space on my 1080 set up and it's all crammed on my 800 setup. Sure, more pixels make the game look prettier, but if you want to enjoy the game, find one that works and go blow up some klingons.