Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
03-02-2010, 09:58 AM
The BS about cloak is the safety to pick your targets and coordinate something the Feds rarely get to do. On top of that pre buffing and being at full power after decloaking is the problem.

Fixs for cloak.
1 No skills available NONE while cloaked. Cloak is sucking all your power right see #2.
2 Come out of cloak with minimal power such as using full impulse needing a moment to recharge.


Currently the klinks agree on a target and that target dies instantly and the feds are left 1 ship down from the start then the fight begins. Most likely a science ship since the feds design is easily recognizable. No such thing as a science Klink ship to pick out of the fleet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
03-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasel
The BS about cloak is the safety to pick your targets and coordinate something the Feds rarely get to do. On top of that pre buffing and being at full power after decloaking is the problem.

Fixs for cloak.
1 No skills available NONE while cloaked. Cloak is sucking all your power right see #2.
2 Come out of cloak with minimal power such as using full impulse needing a moment to recharge.


Currently the klinks agree on a target and that target dies instantly and the feds are left 1 ship down from the start then the fight begins. Most likely a science ship since the feds design is easily recognizable. No such thing as a science Klink ship to pick out of the fleet.
I think this is a very good idea. Like the OP said, I understand cloaking devices are a necessary thing for Klingons because of the setting and established lore, but in terms of game mechanics, what it does is virtually guarantee that the Klingon players will always get to attack first, and will be far better coordinated, able to dictate the engagement, and often be able to spawncamp Starfleet outright.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
03-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frellthat View Post
I think this is a very good idea. Like the OP said, I understand cloaking devices are a necessary thing for Klingons because of the setting and established lore, but in terms of game mechanics, what it does is virtually guarantee that the Klingon players will always get to attack first, and will be far better coordinated, able to dictate the engagement, and often be able to spawncamp Starfleet outright.
I hate this topic. Not one single intelligent comment in all these pages of posts.

Cloak makes up for paper thin hulls and tiny crews. You get mad because you refuse to focus fire when you are jumped.

I have seen feds do a wonderful job countering cloak, at all tiers. I have also seen more fail at it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
03-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
I hate this topic. Not one single intelligent comment in all these pages of posts.

Cloak makes up for paper thin hulls and tiny crews. You get mad because you refuse to focus fire when you are jumped.

I have seen feds do a wonderful job countering cloak, at all tiers. I have also seen more fail at it.
From your response, it is clear you did not even read my comment, since this has nothing to do with what I said. Try again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
03-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frellthat View Post
From your response, it is clear you did not even read my comment. Try again.
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
03-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
I read it. I don't like it. I think it's knee-jerk reaction to getting owned because your team was the wrong mix of professions.
If you read it, you would see that I said cloaking virtually guarantees that Klingons will 1) get to attack first, 2) dictate when and where the engagement occurs and 3) often spawncamp. None of that has anything to do with "paper thin hulls" or "getting owned". It's a question of game mechanics. One side almost always attacks first, the other always defends. It makes the gameplay less interesting.

What you're doing is called trolling - which, come to think of it, is not surprising considering your avatar.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
03-02-2010, 11:06 AM
The only problem i have with cloak is the ability to cloak mid combat with little to no consequences. (as mentioned earlier Kligon ships have weaker hulls and shields to the sides and aft.)

If a klingon cloaks mid combat i think that whatever torps/cannons are already in the air should impact with 2x damage or at least do some damage at all. Cloaking shouldn't be an instant immunity skill like it is now.

In the shows it was suicide for a Klingon/Romulan to cloak mid combat and it was never done. EVER.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
03-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frellthat View Post
If you read it, you would see that I said cloaking virtually guarantees that Klingons will 1) get to attack first, 2) dictate when and where the engagement occurs and 3) often spawncamp. None of that has anything to do with "paper thin hulls" or "getting owned". It's a question of game mechanics. One side almost always attacks first, the other always defends. It makes the gameplay less interesting.

What you're doing is called trolling - which, come to think of it, is not surprising considering your avatar.
1: Use sensor scan for something other than a debuff
2: see #1
3:Feds spawncamp too...a lot

Cloak doesn't make gameplay less interesting...this GAME makes gameplay less interesting.

A better counter for cloak would be deployable and invisible passive sensors to create a web...like they did in the show.

That would also give the sci ships something to do and give the rest of the team a reason to protect them.

I also feel that escorts need a tad more armor...since right now they are waaaayyy to explody.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
03-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirasani View Post
The only problem i have with cloak is the ability to cloak mid combat with little to no consequences. (as mentioned earlier Kligon ships have weaker hulls and shields to the sides and aft.)

If a klingon cloaks mid combat i think that whatever torps/cannons are already in the air should impact with 2x damage or at least do some damage at all. Cloaking shouldn't be an instant immunity skill like it is now.

In the shows it was suicide for a Klingon/Romulan to cloak mid combat and it was never done. EVER.
ever used battle cloak while under fire? No?

You explode.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
03-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frellthat View Post
Klingons will 1) get to attack first ... None of that has anything to do with "paper thin hulls" or "getting owned".
...what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frellthat View Post
What you're doing is called trolling - which, come to think of it, is not surprising considering your avatar.
If you do a search all of this has been discussed to death. Just because he doesn't want to lay it al out for the three hundredth time doesn't make him a troll.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:32 AM.