Lt. Commander
# 11
03-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
I sided with drake, because carna said that drake was a member of section 31. How the hell did he know that?
I interviewed them both, and I didn't recall Capt. Carna saying Drake was a member of Section 31. Interesting, and I hope you'll enlighten me further on that, but I do support your thinking and the following poster after you. If Captain Carna was a real human captain and was surrounded he would be the one escaping the ship, and if he was not then why not try to cure his crew? Why hide in the bridge all alone? When I enter the bridge, there was just Captain Carna alone and no BO's - that's parculiar. Don't you think?
On side note, I don't particularly like Drake to not tell me the whole truth, but he's a soldier of section 31, obviously to have been given special secret order to be allowed onboard the Obsidian. Now the ship's name was a give-away, too. What's with the ship name being so ominous for the other side, anyway?
The tough choice for me was because I didn't like Drake, but had to put that aside to see through the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-14-2010, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegastar_Palerider
If Captain Carna was a real human captain and was surrounded he would be the one escaping the ship, and if he was not then why not try to cure his crew? Why hide in the bridge all alone?
No Starfleet captain would abandon their post or their ship unless the safety of all hands was already assured. With his crew going crazy, he had no choice but to remain on the Main Bridge.

Regarding his mention of Drake's affiliation, well, Drake is the least secretive of any 'secret agent', with the exception of James Bond and Julian Bashir. :p He goes around telling everyone he is a member of Section 31, and over subspace channels too, as if he wants to make sure everyone knows who he represents. So he is no less suspicious than the Captain.

Lastly, I like the (albeit limited) choice Cryptic gave us with this mission. DS9 made it very clear that Section 31 was a rogue organisation and they were villains. (The DS9 writers even said so.) But it's nice having the option to be the bad guy and to look at it from their perspective (i.e., 'necessary evil').

I look forward to seeing more choices like this in the future, and hoepfully consequences for these choices.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
I interviewed them both, and I didn't recall Capt. Carna saying Drake was a member of Section 31.
Carna refers to Drake as 'a liar and a criminal'. Then he goes on to say 'He's Section 31, and if the Undine are in that organization ... they're everywhere.'
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-23-2010, 11:25 PM
i sided with the captain. we captains must stick together after all.

+ who'd want to be a tool for an organisation that is known for its ruthlessness.
Lt. Commander
# 15 woops
03-24-2010, 02:32 AM
I was going to side with the Capitan, but I right clicked by mistake and shot him so I guess we shall see what happens...
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
I sided with drake, because carna said that drake was a member of section 31. How the hell did he know that?
I sided with the Captain. Now I am starting to regret it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-31-2010, 07:33 AM
I sided with Carna. Why? Well, I can't stand Drake and after how he used me in that other mission, I simply don't trust that guy. Plus that Zelle-incident has left me somewhat paranoid concerning people who join my away team to watch and order me around. Oh, and I really, really wanted to give Drake a good, hard kick.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-31-2010, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaigen42 View Post
Not to mention that if an Undine had successfully impersonated a Section 31 agent, why was he wasting time messing with a single ship when he could be destabilizing Alpha Quadrant further by airing all of the Federation's dirty laundry, killing their best covert agents, and/or using all their information? Of the choices presented, siding with Drake was the logical one.
this was basically my logic - While Drake's not the nicest guy in the game, I've seen him before and I have some idea of his personality. The things that he had done in our previous encounters were not the types of things I would expect an Undine to do if they had that position, and it was quite unlikely that he had somehow been replaced in the time since I last saw him. The NPCs we had to subdue in the mission seemed strange to me and I could tell by his commentary as we went through the level he was judging my performance. So, I stuck with him and took out the captain.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-31-2010, 01:50 PM
After having been suckered by the Undine a couple of times already, that mission just felt like another setup and seeing that Drake was just randomly out and about in a shuttle and not being killed, I chose the Captain.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-31-2010, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Now the ship's name was a give-away, too. What's with the ship name being so ominous for the other side, anyway?
Totally..like the Molly...ominous!