Lt. Commander
Ok so yes this is a repost from another thread. Why will that thread seem to get off topic and the Issue is Important to alot of people on the Forums. To any who are insulted or upset by my reposting my original post in a new thread, well sorry but i got some positive feedback from others and feel like this got lost in the miriad of posts. So here it is, your opinions are welcome but lets try and keep them civil and leave the semantics out.

Ok so to add a little perspective. All of the places listed on STO's site, where you can buy STO. None of them but Atari's is offering the 60 days of play time. Its says for a limited time (9pm march 3rd) if you buy the game from Atari's site you will get 60 days instead of 30days. The Standard edition is also $10.00 cheaper. The CE gives free shiping (*lower 48 states only) and extra 60 days free. (which reads as you get 90 days but could simply be misleading and only be 60 days). The DDE is only 10 off until march 10th.
interestinly enough though i could not find STO on Targets webs site at all. Have they stopped selling STO?

link to atari's site where the offer is being made please look it over.
http://www.atari.com/games/startrek_online

Now we can sit here and to the math and figure out what all the possible variations of who's getting the best deal and who is getting screwed out of money and all that. Simple fact of the matter is, with all of the people leaving and canceling there life time subs, 12 month, 6 month, and monthly subs. Atari has deemed it necesary to make this limited offer (only 5 days).

Is it fair to the those of us who purchased the game at a higher price, and only get 30 days? In essense no, it is not fair. That's life though. People are always going to get screwed over, by other people (untill we all learn to work together to make things better for everyone, not just ourselves). Does Atari have a right to market their game as they choose? Yes. Does Cryptic have a right to make their game the way they want? Yes.(this last quesiton has nothing to do with cannon or what cbs wants, it is just a statement about a company making a their game) Are either obligated to do anything the customers want? No.

However a good company will work to make their customers happy. A great company will exceed well beyond what their customers want. The most successful companies make the most people happy with their services, and continue to provide a great and long lasting relationship with those customers. Is Cryptic/Atari a great company? My opinion no. Are they a good company? Again my opinion no. I believe the days of these two being known for great games, and being more concerned about customer retention are over.

I personally have not seen a single decsion made that has had the interests of the customer at heart. All the choices made by Cryptic/Atari have been soley based on what will bring in as much money as possilbe in the shortest amount of time. I dont see indication that this will change anytime soon.(whole paragraph is soley my opinion not fact)

We as customers have one 1 quesiton to ask and answer. Is the money I am spending worth the product and service I am being provided? If you answer no to 1 or both of these then I reccomend not staying with STO. If you can answer yes to both of these then I applaud you in your ability to accept less then I for your money. It is a customers responsibility to speak with their wallets, (unless some product or service is physically harmful to everyone, ie toyota accelorator or braking issues) Since we are only dealing with a video game, our wallets will speak louder than anything.

So if you are unhappy with the the choices being made by Cryptic/Atari, show them by not giving them more money, but also tell them why they dont deserve your money.

To all the super Fans of STO/Crytpic/Atari. It is in your best interest to not flame those who are unhappy. It is in your best interest to help them change their minds so they stay and continue to support STO. Do so in a positive way, enrouagement goes along way. The constant flaming, trolling, and incessant insults only prove as to why people should leave.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2010, 12:56 AM
I wish I had cancelled after this new fiasco. This would have gone into my exit survey on top of the many many other issues.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglis View Post
Ok so yes this is a repost from another thread. Why will that thread seem to get off topic and the Issue is Important to alot of people on the Forums. To any who are insulted or upset by my reposting my original post in a new thread, well sorry but i got some positive feedback from others and feel like this got lost in the miriad of posts. So here it is, your opinions are welcome but lets try and keep them civil and leave the semantics out.

Ok so to add a little perspective. All of the places listed on STO's site, where you can buy STO. None of them but Atari's is offering the 60 days of play time. Its says for a limited time (9pm march 3rd) if you buy the game from Atari's site you will get 60 days instead of 30days. The Standard edition is also $10.00 cheaper. The CE gives free shiping (*lower 48 states only) and extra 60 days free. (which reads as you get 90 days but could simply be misleading and only be 60 days). The DDE is only 10 off until march 10th.
interestinly enough though i could not find STO on Targets webs site at all. Have they stopped selling STO?

Now we can sit here and to the math and figure out what all the possible variations of who's getting the best deal and who is getting screwed out of money and all that. Simple fact of the matter is, with all of the people leaving and canceling there life time subs, 12 month, 6 month, and monthly subs. Atari has deemed it necesary to make this limited offer (only 5 days).

Is it fair to the those of us who purchased the game at a higher price, and only get 30 days? In essense no, it is not fair. That's life though. People are always going to get screwed over, by other people (untill we all learn to work together to make things better for everyone, not just ourselves). Does Atari have a right to market their game as they choose? Yes. Does Cryptic have a right to make their game the way they want? Yes.(this last quesiton has nothing to do with cannon or what cbs wants, it is just a statement about a company making a their game) Are either obligated to do anything the customers want? No.

However a good company will work to make their customers happy. A great company will exceed well beyond what their customers want. The most successful companies make the most people happy with their services, and continue to provide a great and long lasting relationship with those customers. Is Cryptic/Atari a great company? My opinion no. Are they a good company? Again my opinion no. I believe the days of these two being known for great games, and being more concerned about customer retention are over.

I personally have not seen a single decsion made that has had the interests of the customer at heart. All the choices made by Cryptic/Atari have been soley based on what will bring in as much money as possilbe in the shortest amount of time. I dont see indication that this will change anytime soon.(whole paragraph is soley my opinion not fact)

We as customers have one 1 quesiton to ask and answer. Is the money I am spending worth the product and service I am being provided? If you answer no to 1 or both of these then I reccomend not staying with STO. If you can answer yes to both of these then I applaud you in your ability to accept less then I for your money. It is a customers responsibility to speak with their wallets, (unless some product or service is physically harmful to everyone, ie toyota accelorator or braking issues) Since we are only dealing with a video game, our wallets will speak louder than anything.

So if you are unhappy with the the choices being made by Cryptic/Atari, show them by not giving them more money, but also tell them why they dont deserve your money.

To all the super Fans of STO/Crytpic/Atari. It is in your best interest to not flame those who are unhappy. It is in your best interest to help them change their minds so they stay and continue to support STO. Do so in a positive way, enrouagement goes along way. The constant flaming, trolling, and incessant insults only prove as to why people should leave.
Well said and i agree 100% with your post.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2010, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenullity View Post
I wish I had cancelled after this new fiasco. This would have gone into my exit survey on top of the many many other issues.
Hey send the head dev a message telling him what you think. here is the link. don't go silent, go out screaming.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2010, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackjaw
Well said and i agree 100% with your post.
thanks. just trying to bring a outlook thats kind of positive but from someone who will not be continuing their sub after my 30days are over. That is unless cryptic/atari or even STO's community can change my mind.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
Hey send the head dev a message telling him what you think. here is the link. don't go silent, go out screaming.
haha....never mind you werent replying to me
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Quote:
ohh i already did. In fact this repost i have made is from your thread on this issue. post #370 in your thread.
I know that, i was saying it to the person who posted under you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-27-2010, 01:19 AM
1-408-404-1714

to refund a LTS
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-27-2010, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I know that, i was saying it to the person who posted under you.
lol yeah i saw that but not till after i hit submit. Just me not paying attention, at that time
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-27-2010, 01:23 AM
Quote:

I agree with you 100%.

I'm a lifer sub to STO and I regret it.

Cryptic = Ferengie
Atari = Dominion

The first rule of aquisition is "never give the money back"

Any Questions?