Lt. Commander
# 11
02-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenullity View Post
I wish I had cancelled after this new fiasco. This would have gone into my exit survey on top of the many many other issues.
i havent done my exit suvey yet, still have the feintest glimmer of hope things will turn around but if they dont then it defiently will be in mine
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Pollux
I agree with you 100%.

I'm a lifer sub to STO and I regret it.

Cryptic = Ferengie
Atari = Dominion

The first rule of aquisition is "never give the money back"

Any Questions?
well thanks to you as well. I believe though you have till your 30days are over to get a refund on your life time sub. Dont quote me on that, but it is my understanding that your lifetime sub doesnt technically start till after your 30days.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-27-2010, 12:28 AM
People need to stop feeling bad when other people get a better deal.
Why do you care what other people are paying.
If got your money's worth in entertainment, then don't worry about what other people are paying.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryseis
If got your money's worth in entertainment, then don't worry about what other people are paying.
you fanbois cant even begin to put out this inferno cryptic has stirred up. You think its bad now just wait until word spreads around the net. Cryptic is in deep poo now I dont really see how they save the subscriber base without atleast handing out a couple free months to those already subscribed. The majority of the population feels ripped off this is not looking good for cryptic at all.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Nice post OP, and I am one of those not so happy canceled people.

This will be an Official Strike 1 in my opinion if they keep this offer up until March 3rd. And I am a pretty reasonable guy, which is why it is 1 just now and not for other issues that have come up.

If this kind of thing keeps happening I WILL be keeping score. 3 Strikes and baby you are outa here, and so am I.

Edit: My account is canceled cause I am going to use game cards and take the wait and see approach.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Honestly i dont think people are upset someone else is getting a better deal. We all know this happens all the time. I think its about people are feeling like cryptic/atari just doesnt give a crap once they get your money. Everyone wants to feel like a company cares enough about your opinion on their product or service to continue to get your money. Currently that doesnt seem to be the case with Cryptic/Atari. Its like they just say ehh well we got some of that guys money lets some of that guys money over there and then completely ignores the 1st guy.

MMO's by design are for a long term relationship between customer and company. Its is easier and more cost efficent to keep existing customers then to get new ones. Happy existing customers will help in getting new ones, simply by the praise they give. Angry, unhappy, and put off customers go along way towards helping keep new customers away.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-27-2010, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Please stop being illogical and using chop-logic to try to make some kind of point.

Situation 1: You find a great game. You buy it for $40. You love it. Two weeks later , they drop the price to $30. Someone else gets and they love it.You were happy paying $40 for it, so no loss. In that instance your argument is correct.

Situation 2: You play pre-order STO at $80 collectors. You play through buggy headstart and all your free days get blown when the servers are down half the time, no content, and can't get most of your enjoyment out of the game. Just as your free time is about to run out, after you've put up with all this mess and are already unhappy but are sticking it out because you hope things will get better, they announce they are pushing back new content for God knows how long and now people can buy the game for less and get 60 days free. So, you paid extra for something you were not satisfied with , got negative value from, and now people are getting it for free. In that context your argument makes you sound mentally impaired.

People do *NOT* feel they are getting their money's worth , and were willing to pay and wait to see if it would improve, but now are being told "just pay and wait, while we try to drum up more business by giving it away for free."

What guarantee do you have that they won't sell all the "preorder" or "unique" stuff on the C-store in the future, completely invaldating any "bonus" you have?

There is a line between saying "complain with respect" and "total denial of reality".
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-27-2010, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prez420 View Post
you fanbois cant even begin to put out this inferno cryptic has stirred up. You think its bad now just wait until word spreads around the net. Cryptic is in deep poo now I dont really see how they save the subscriber base without atleast handing out a couple free months to those already subscribed. The majority of the population feels ripped off this is not looking good for cryptic at all.
While it great you share my view that this isnt a smart move by Cryptic/Atari. I am a little upset that you used (fanbois) If we are going to convince those who still support Cryptic/Atari, to change their view point using derogatory names like this will not help us at all.

However you are correct that once word spreads on this new fiascoe it will only make things worse for Cryptic/Atari. As for them handing out free months to those of us who already sub'd its highly unlikely this will happen. Yet I agree that something needs to be shown to favor those who actually were here from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enoyedtheshows
Nice post OP, and I am one of those not so happy canceled people.

This will be an Official Strike 1 in my opinion if they keep this offer up until March 3rd. And I am a pretty reasonable guy, which is why it is 1 just now and not for other issues that have come up.

If this kind of thing keeps happening I WILL be keeping score. 3 Strikes and baby you are outa here, and so am I.

Edit: My account is canceled cause I am going to use game cards and take the wait and see approach.
Thanks, alwasy nice to see people agreeing with my opinions. Personally I think they have already used up more than 3 strikes but I try not to be a glass half empty kinda person, (not that im a glass is half full either) I am usually just happy its got something worth while in the glass.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-27-2010, 12:52 AM
Very classy OP, and well said.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-27-2010, 12:55 AM
Quote:
I did not get my money's worth.