Lt. Commander
# 1 Missions too long?
02-27-2010, 01:43 AM
Anyone else think that the missions are a bit too long?

Hitting the pause action button, then trying to take a dump in 45 seconds in pretty impossible, lmao.

All that beer plays havoc with your guts
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2010, 01:47 AM
Actually, I think they're too short. Missions should be deeply involved puzzles (being serious) with something going for them other that shooting someone or running to the next console that we automatically hack.

Now, what I would agree with is that there should perhaps be more break points where you don't feel so rushed, because I have felt that way before when I, too, had some "business" to take care of.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantojim View Post
Hitting the pause action button, then trying to take a dump in 45 seconds in pretty impossible, lmao.
Not if you use a laptop to play while sitting on the throne.

I felt the missions were unusually long myself. Maybe they just seem long because they are so damn boring.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2010, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRifle
I felt the missions were unusually long myself. Maybe they just seem long because they are so damn boring.
Exactly. Thus my suggestion. If I wanted to go around shooting crap I'd load Quake up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2010, 02:00 AM
Some missions are.

The problem is, you can't tell upfront if the time a mission takes is going to fit your free time for that evening.

But then again, when you exit the game, longer missions do get saved and you get put back in the middle when you relog the next time.

As for the Pause, I agree.
It should be permanent, when you play alone.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2010, 03:34 AM
It seems variable.

Some missions are 'zip zing done!' and some drag on for what seems forever. I like the change up though, it's nice to get a quicky now and then (innuendo intentional).

What I would like to see is the content in generate missions worked on a little bit, but given the limits of their system it is doubtful to ever really reach a level where it would compare with scripted episodic content.