Lt. Commander
# 11
02-27-2010, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasidy
Maybe the torpedo is being shot down or blown up by other means? Also, maybe for some of you other guys, you're firing weapons that share a cooldown with the torpedoes you're trying to fire so it appears as though it goes straight to a cooldown.
Unlikely, plasma torpedoes are...picky. Sometimes they just flat out refuse to fire and don't even go on cooldown, other times theyll fire but be shot down by a shot intended for me, and still others theyll..stall...on the way to the enemy and just sit there.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-27-2010, 03:36 AM
tricobalt are even buggier than photon ones I've been told by an admiral who was complaining about this and ended up switching from them
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-27-2010, 03:37 AM
Its just really annoying when you're about to crush a ship with a salvo only for it to not go off and in turn get owned from behind by three of his mates.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-27-2010, 03:37 AM
at this point all you can really do is file a bug hope that eveyone and his brother does the same and maybe just maybe it will get fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-27-2010, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakcow View Post
Unlikely, plasma torpedoes are...picky. Sometimes they just flat out refuse to fire and don't even go on cooldown, other times theyll fire but be shot down by a shot intended for me, and still others theyll..stall...on the way to the enemy and just sit there.
I've been using plasma torpedoes consistently for a while now, and I have never had this issue. I have quantums in the front with my canons and a turret and a Mk VI plasma launcher in the back. I go straight for my enemy and tachyon their shields while doing dps and as I pass under/over them, I fire the aft launchers right away. I've never had a problem with the torpedoes not launching-- in fact, this has been the most effective use I've found for the sluggish plasmas, and I can assure you that every torpedo has launched just fine. That's why it's so surprising to me that others have an issue.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-27-2010, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasidy
I've been using plasma torpedoes consistently for a while now, and I have never had this issue. I have quantums in the front with my canons and a turret and a Mk VI plasma launcher in the back. I go straight for my enemy and tachyon their shields while doing dps and as I pass under/over them, I fire the aft launchers right away. I've never had a problem with the torpedoes not launching-- in fact, this has been the most effective use I've found for the sluggish plasmas, and I can assure you that every torpedo has launched just fine. That's why it's so surprising to me that others have an issue.
Very weird, though i have noticed they are far more predictable at point blank. I guess it is possible they are just all weird effects of it being shot down. I've talked to two or three others in game who have had the same problems as I, useless as anecdotal evidence is...
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-27-2010, 03:46 AM
Its not just plasma torpedoes though, its also happening to other types of torpedoes. At first i thought it could be down to lag, but my computer runs smoothly and my ping is very very low, so i ruled that out.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-27-2010, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
Its not just plasma torpedoes though, its also happening to other types of torpedoes. At first i thought it could be down to lag, but my computer runs smoothly and my ping is very very low, so i ruled that out.
Heh, maybe the server is having trouble managing all of our projectiles. Does time of day seem to make any difference?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-27-2010, 03:51 AM
I have this very issue... I concur it happens most often with plasma. It is very frustrating in all aspects of pve and pvp.

I have also seen the stalling torps that never take a hit from enemies, at least visually....

I have also been bearing down 1km from enemy, high yield plasma loaded, im flying straight at them, and the thing just doesn't fire at all and acts like it does by going into cooldown. I am 1km from enemy at best, no way he shoots that down.

I hope this is addressed soon.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-27-2010, 03:54 AM
Ive noticed this a few times too. was wondering if maybe it had anything to do with me spamming the fire all weapons hotkey and the torps just not registering.