Lt. Commander
Other games have started to reward long term players, City of Heroes has been doing it for a while now and **** introduced their long term reward scheme shortly after it went live.

I know this isn't technically directly rewarding those who have played the game since launch, because those who join afterwards can still get the rewards if they stay longer, but thats a good thing.

It both rewards players who have been here for a while and also gives a further incentive for people who join the game later to continue player.

Its not my place to discuss what rewards could be given, but I think STO would benefit from this scheme.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2010, 04:41 AM
well yeah any game that doesnt incororate some kind of veteran reward program isnt a game thats worth sticking around. A vet reward system shows the players that dev company cares about it players and wants them to be around as long as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2010, 04:43 AM
Well you certainly don,t get a reward for checking to see if this thread has already been poted by someone else.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2010, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
Well you certainly don,t get a reward for checking to see if this thread has already been poted by someone else.
Although it has been mentioned before I thought it was relevant to bring the topic back up considering the amount of complaining about the recent "reward" for new gamers i.e more free time and it being cheaper.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2010, 04:50 AM
The only reward I want is the servers being there.

Tabula Rasa had veteran rewards. My inventory was full of them. Well it was, until they turned the servers off.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
Although it has been mentioned before I thought it was relevant to bring the topic back up considering the amount of complaining about the recent "reward" for new gamers i.e more free time and it being cheaper.
So you couldnt have added your comments to an existing thread to as you say "Bring t back up."
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-27-2010, 04:58 AM
I prefer providing a fresh debate, not ressurecting dead threads.

I dunno how long Tebula Rasa handed its rewards, CoH and **** though i believe do it every three months and the items are usually worth having.

An example of a reward that i'm sure would interest players is different ships, like the Nebula, Ambassador and Oberth.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-27-2010, 05:02 AM
I don't think forum space is budgeted. Does it really matter? It's a mess, it will always be a mess.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-27-2010, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglis View Post
well yeah any game that doesnt incororate some kind of veteran reward program isnt a game thats worth sticking around. A vet reward system shows the players that dev company cares about it players and wants them to be around as long as possible.
if a game is good, regardless of whether or not it's STO, shouldn't the playing of it be its own reward? it cryptic comes out with some kind of reward scheme, fine. if not, fine.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-27-2010, 05:04 AM
I have to ask but do we really need to be rewarded?

What makes me, as a long term player, more worthy than short term players?

Does this mean that because im a lifetime subscriber too I should get an extra reward on top?

Get over yourself.