Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Other games have started to reward long term players, City of Heroes has been doing it for a while now and **** introduced their long term reward scheme shortly after it went live.

I know this isn't technically directly rewarding those who have played the game since launch, because those who join afterwards can still get the rewards if they stay longer, but thats a good thing.

It both rewards players who have been here for a while and also gives a further incentive for people who join the game later to continue player.

Its not my place to discuss what rewards could be given, but I think STO would benefit from this scheme.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-27-2010, 04:41 AM
well yeah any game that doesnt incororate some kind of veteran reward program isnt a game thats worth sticking around. A vet reward system shows the players that dev company cares about it players and wants them to be around as long as possible.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-27-2010, 04:43 AM
Well you certainly don,t get a reward for checking to see if this thread has already been poted by someone else.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-27-2010, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
Well you certainly don,t get a reward for checking to see if this thread has already been poted by someone else.
Although it has been mentioned before I thought it was relevant to bring the topic back up considering the amount of complaining about the recent "reward" for new gamers i.e more free time and it being cheaper.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-27-2010, 04:50 AM
The only reward I want is the servers being there.

Tabula Rasa had veteran rewards. My inventory was full of them. Well it was, until they turned the servers off.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-27-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
Although it has been mentioned before I thought it was relevant to bring the topic back up considering the amount of complaining about the recent "reward" for new gamers i.e more free time and it being cheaper.
So you couldnt have added your comments to an existing thread to as you say "Bring t back up."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-27-2010, 04:58 AM
I prefer providing a fresh debate, not ressurecting dead threads.

I dunno how long Tebula Rasa handed its rewards, CoH and **** though i believe do it every three months and the items are usually worth having.

An example of a reward that i'm sure would interest players is different ships, like the Nebula, Ambassador and Oberth.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-27-2010, 05:02 AM
I don't think forum space is budgeted. Does it really matter? It's a mess, it will always be a mess.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-27-2010, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglis View Post
well yeah any game that doesnt incororate some kind of veteran reward program isnt a game thats worth sticking around. A vet reward system shows the players that dev company cares about it players and wants them to be around as long as possible.
if a game is good, regardless of whether or not it's STO, shouldn't the playing of it be its own reward? it cryptic comes out with some kind of reward scheme, fine. if not, fine.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-27-2010, 05:04 AM
I have to ask but do we really need to be rewarded?

What makes me, as a long term player, more worthy than short term players?

Does this mean that because im a lifetime subscriber too I should get an extra reward on top?

Get over yourself.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:59 AM.