Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-27-2010, 09:29 AM
So and if u guys dont care about the reward why not just open a free game with soem buddies where u know it is fair and u gain just fun ? Ofc reward motivates. And ofc even without reward u play..but less motivated. And if u dont care about it so why u mind that I want more reward for the winning team ? If u have a bad day dont write in the forum :-)
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raef_Hellstorm
to put it simple... I play to win ... if i cant win, i still give it my all till the end

anyone who has fought against me knows this

the rewards could be better, but it will never effect how hard i fight

Kakarot
This, pretty much.

I play to win even if victory seems a longshot. You never know what you can pull off, so do your best all the time and see where it takes you. Sometimes you will lose, other times you will win, but all the time you know you gave it your best.

Take pride in your actions and do your best in whatever you do, whether it be dusting a table or dusting your enemies.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Play like a real Klingon:

Outnumbered and Outgunned? Charge into the Fed-Ball,Guns Blazing and try to blow up one of those *******s before the others sent you straight to Hell.

There is no Greater Honor for a Klingon to die in Battle. Running away like a Coward because youre only got 1 % Hull left? Go Fed. A Klingon is only allowed to blow up his Ship directly infront of the Enemy to take some *******s Feds with you.

/RP over
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-27-2010, 11:52 AM
In this game I play for the carnage in space... I don't want to be out of the fight to gain victory. Thus, I only do arenas. And, I play to win...
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicus27 View Post
Hey guys,

I am so bored of non existing challange in pvp. The whole pvp concept is about competition. But when u gain nothing by winning or loosing the battle why should even fight ? I mean u enter the zone, do 1dmg and then watch tv until it is over. U gain same marks for it. A game with no motivation to win is no game at all.

I hope cryptic will change that one day (and the wrong tool tips, no death penalty, easy difficuluty, complicated crafting ect.)
Why does everything have to be about the fraction of a fraction of a pellet of ratfood when you press the lever? Some people aren't compulsive gamers, and play for fun.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Give Cryptic some time. The changes and upgrades for what we all want will come eventually.

Death Penalties are on the way for sure as an example.

They seem to be paying close attention to the players consensus about what we want.

This game is in its infancy.

If they follow through on their promise to massively expand this game based on player feedback within a couple years you probably won't even recognize it from when it started.

The last STATE OF THE GAME from Cryptic explained their intentions.

Itís a little unnerving -- sometimes feels like we work with a giant multi-headed feedback monster that simultaneously loves and hates us. It whips even as it hugs! It rages even as it cries! And it fumes even when it's happy. It's unnerving, yes, but pretty freakin' rad, too.

What you guys post and say and do in-game and on the forums is the biggest factor we consider when making our decisions.

I am sorry if it ever appears that we're not listening to you or trying to make the game better. Because that is pretty much all we ever do.

ExecutiveProducer
-Zn

Some of the NEXT few things on the way:

Respec
Death Penalty
Difficulty Slider
More open auto-fire
Replayable missions
Improving Memory Alpha
Fixing those Commodity missions

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/1182
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicus27 View Post
So and if u guys dont care about the reward why not just open a free game with soem buddies where u know it is fair and u gain just fun ? Ofc reward motivates. And ofc even without reward u play..but less motivated. And if u dont care about it so why u mind that I want more reward for the winning team ? If u have a bad day dont write in the forum :-)
I'm not saying there shouldn't be more reward for winning, but your whole "do one damage then watch some TV line" is a bunch of crap. All you do is screw over all the people in the match who actually do care about winning, reward or no, because you either create an imbalance in the teams or actively give the enemy points by suiciding. Why even bother? Why ruin other people's fun? Just find something else to do and stop queueing up for PvP. I'd rather have a crappy player who is actually trying on my team then one who is actively screwing over everyone else on his team.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
Give Cryptic some time. The changes and upgrades for what we all want will come eventually.

Death Penalties are on the way for sure as an example.

They seem to be paying close attention to the players consensus about what we want.

This game is in its infancy.

If they follow through on their promise to massively expand this game based on player feedback within a couple years you probably won't even recognize it from when it started.
I'm worried about how the Dealth Penalties will affect pvp though...I've played through some ground PUG's that were totally biased towards the Klingons...why should I want to add to that the penalisation that the death penalty brings.

It's the same with pvp games where you suddenly find yourself in a 2 vs 5 situation....you are bound to lose...unless your level/ship/skills are much higher than the opposing team....there seems to be no balance...if you are going to be repeatedly penalised for trying to play through a game like that...why bother??? Is there a balancing factor I've missed....if I take on a team that is more numerous or more skilled than myself does my reward get increased???

Sure Cryptic say in their State of the Game address that they are constantly changing things because of player concerns...but are they taking into account how that will affect other aspects of the game...I'd like to think so...but have no reason to believe it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-27-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm assuming PVP won't have a death penalty. That should only be a PVE thing. You're supposed to die a lot in PVP and get back to the action as fast as you can. the penalty is being split up from your group. Like in other MMOs, being killed by another player should not add a penalty. Only death from an NPC should.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Why bother pvping if you aren't enjoying it?

I mean, what's the point?