Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Cryptic devs are strong supporters of rewarding people for losing.

It's doing terrible damage to the game, though. I was in one match today where 3 of 7 Feds were evidently AFK and at least 2 other matches where they were more interested in camping the Klingon spawn point than winning the map (those of us who slipped away managed to cap everything and win the match while the Feds just didn't seem to care).

It's a sad state of affairs.

You just can't reward losers. I'd rather people not play than play and not care.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostle View Post
I'm assuming PVP won't have a death penalty. That should only be a PVE thing. You're supposed to die a lot in PVP and get back to the action as fast as you can. the penalty is being split up from your group. Like in other MMOs, being killed by another player should not add a penalty. Only death from an NPC should.
Lets hope and assume that at some point their will be free roaming zones to explore and look for stuff where random encounters with both PvE and PvP action can occur. Places where Fleets can vie for copntrol and build their own Star Base Outpost inda stuff.

Frankly I am a bit turned off by a just a PvP que with the only alternative being PvE Instances. It offers no depth.

I often have far more fun going to the Borg Hunt Battle Map. That type of format should be massively expanded in my opion. Problem with Borg Hunt is it is a small map with no real strategic long term purpose.

Then again bear in mind all those DEEP SPACE Borders you run into where you don't have permission to go. You know they are planning something for that. I hope it is what I am suggesting when those areas are opened up.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
Cryptic devs are strong supporters of rewarding people for losing.

It's doing terrible damage to the game, though. I was in one match today where 3 of 7 Feds were evidently AFK and at least 2 other matches where they were more interested in camping the Klingon spawn point than winning the map (those of us who slipped away managed to cap everything and win the match while the Feds just didn't seem to care).

It's a sad state of affairs.

You just can't reward losers. I'd rather people not play than play and not care.

I and many others agree the losers should not be rewarded, or at the very least they should only get partial credit. Perhaps it could be somewhat based on Kill Points and Damage aa well as Heals for the losing side while the winning team gets full value+ bonus for damahe, kills, and heals.

That would insure the losers be active to get anything. I people want to just concentrate on blowing up ships I can't complain if they ignore the mission objective. That is their loss.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
I and many others agree the losers should not be rewarded, or at the very least they should only get partial credit. Perhaps it could be somewhat based on Kill Points and Damage aa well as Heals for the losing side while the winning team gets full value+ bonus for damahe, kills, and heals.

That would insure the losers be active to get anything. I people want to just concentrate on blowing up ships I can't complain if they ignore the mission objective. That is their loss.

If they add PvE Content for Klingons,sure. As it is,removing the Rewards for the Losing side would hurt the Game too much,since its the only thing Klingons have to level up.

This - Blowing up Ships and ignoring the Mission - ....uhm,to tell the Truth,ill do that too much lately,thats called Bloodlust in Klingon Terms (I think my Highest was 350k Damage once with this...in T2...)