Lt. Commander
We all know about the "Aid the planet" missions. The ones that EVERYBODY abandons.

Well, it seems Cryptic has a new "FIX".

While doing Exporation in the Hiromi, the Zenas, etc. my fleetmates and I have come across this "FIX".

You go in system and are informed to Scan the planet for life/energy/artifacts, confirm {pick random enemy} base underground. etc. You get to the planet and........

You are hailed by the planet government and the mission type has suddenly switched to "Aid the Planet".

Sneaky Cryptic, really sneaky.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2010, 09:46 AM
I would think that more of a bug, personally, and you should definitely report it as such. Never attribute to malice what can be chalked up to a simple error or glitch in the code.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockup View Post
I would think that more of a bug, personally, and you should definitely report it as such. Never attribute to malice what can be chalked up to a simple error or glitch in the code.
Sarcasm. sometimes it is understood.

We HAVE reported this bug. OFTEN.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockup View Post
Got sarcasm?
Maybe you should consider that when you read other people's posts.

And yes, it has been reported. I've reported it as a bug about a week ago and added to my ticket yesterday because of this. Perhaps you should consider all of what's being said before you post.

Also, I think that this is something that most would overlook. If you don't read what your bridge officers say at the beginning of the mission, you wouldn't notice that the mission completely changes when you beam down/approach the planet/etc.