Lt. Commander
# 1 STO = Scan Things Online
02-27-2010, 09:33 AM
This is the feedback section so here is my feedback.

I'd rather kill 10 boars and hand in the pelts or deliver a pie to Granny Buttertree down the lane than scan 5 things any longer. I can't take it. Make them stop. If I beam down to another planet and scan 5 more things neatly placed in clearings along a path I'm going to punch my monitor. If I have to fly to 5 more satellites/asteroids/anomalous readings and scan them I'm done.

The first 30 levels or so they seem fine because the maps are still mostly different. But at level 40+ you've seen everything, and they repeat, and if you are collecting exploration badges for gear or something you start to realize the amount of scan 5 things missions is obscene. My feedback/suggestion is to remove these quests from the game. They are seriously lazy. That's all I have.

Later.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Your analysis is somewhat innacurate: they are not seriously lazy, the devs were seriously rushed and scan missions were the quickest scripting alternative to more shoot-em-up missions when they were developing for Exploration. Simply removing them would make the later Exploration missions even less varied and I don't think that anyone really wants that. The game isn't even quite a month old and more late game content is coming, so I'd say just give 'em a little more time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2010, 10:44 AM
And they're not half as bad as the new "Changing" missions. {Refer to my thread in this forum}