Lt. Commander
# 151 Free the Doctor Free B4
01-07-2009, 07:42 AM
Freedom when do we want it..
Now!
Emancipate the Unlawfully restricted or detained...
I would Retain a Holographic Lawyer [Jerry Spence]
File a Writ of Habeas Corpus.. For both and have a unified trial by jury defence
and a Military Tribunal As they were Both by definition of duty position Star Fleet Officers.
B4 through the Data memory files and the formerly known as EMH "Doctor" as the Chief Medical Officer for the Federation in the Delta Quadrant on board Voyager..

The B4 defence is more difficult as it is the indirect memories and not B4s own.. More like a dependant child then an fully independent individual..

For the "Doctor" the case law and presidents have been laid out in many different cases..
I Like to to use the "Wesley Crusher, Nano" Defence. This was a Captains ruling but under The duties of a captain Picard was acting as a judge and jury on the matter..":The ability to communicate independent of programming establishes senditants" Self awarness. and the ability to form self determination are rock beds of the Federation Charter.. to seek out new life forms..
Lt. Commander
# 152 by the by
01-07-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm not really good at remembering a lot of lore and I haven't read any Star Trek novels, but I have seen almost all the episodes, if not all.

What I want to say is, is that I read these story posts and I'm enjoying what you guys are going with this. I hope you keep posting more in depth and personal (as in character) story content for main plot characters and even those that just have an effect on the overrall plot.

Thanks for taking the time to release this stuff!
Lt. Commander
# 153
01-10-2009, 05:46 AM
I'm not sure if it matters, but when you click on "The Path to 2409" on the side navigation on the main page, it is missing 2384.
Lt. Commander
# 154 Confused....but will live
01-10-2009, 05:39 PM
I see so many different time lines out there, being a fan of all of the novels that have been coming out. I have tried to keep them all seperate, but it's all very confusing and complicated....lol. I'm sure I'll get over it.
Lt. Commander
# 155
01-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Good thing your not ready the books...lol. You'd be just as confused as I am...LOL
Lt. Commander
# 156
01-13-2009, 04:46 AM
Isn't Sela in Federation custudy??

If i remember correctly the Tal'shiar section she commanded was obliterated by the federation and she was captured and btw this is cannon since it is the story that leads to Nemesis
Lt. Commander
# 157
01-13-2009, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.L.Picard View Post
Isn't Sela in Federation custudy??

If i remember correctly the Tal'shiar section she commanded was obliterated by the federation and she was captured and btw this is cannon since it is the story that leads to Nemesis
only reference I can find to what you mention is in the books which are not hard canon.
"In late 2375, Sela somehow re-gained her command, and led several warbirds to Sector 221-G and attacked the USS Independence. The ship was quickly destroyed by the warbirds, but many of the crew escaped via escape pods. Sela ordered the escape pods destroyed, and many were, before the USS Excalibur arrived and drove her ships away. (TNG - Double Helix novel: Double or Nothing)

When Sela was last seen in Double or Nothing she was in Starfleet custody and comatose. No explanation was given for her subsequent appearances in Armada and Death in Winter. "

http://startrek.wikia.com/wiki/Sela
Lt. Commander
Anyways, when is the Star Trek Online game going to come out? I'm get very impatient and I can't seem to stop eating pie...
Lt. Commander
# 159 Androids
01-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Please don't make androids available to players. Data was special and unique. At the very most, make an android only available to the most advanced ships only to a few players. Please.
Lt. Commander
# 160
01-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense for the Gorn to refuse the Klingon demand that they allow the Klingon prisons to kill themselves? That's the only reason the Klingons would want the Klingon prisons back anyway, so the prisoners can kill themselves to restore their, and their hoses', honor.

There's no reason to have shut off B-4, he's a huge ****** but Picard would still consider him a person, and didn't Data say he was already working at full capacity but is just less advanced? So, there is noting to restore, any improvement would be an upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E6ajc View Post
Please don't make androids available to players. Data was special and unique. At the very most, make an android only available to the most advanced ships only to a few players. Please.
You know, throughout The Next Generation, there was no indication that Data's android body was special, only ever the positronic brain was special and problematic. Holographic matrix brain androids should be completely possible, since holographic matrixs have been shown to be extremely stable.