Lt. Commander
# 1 Idea from a critic
02-27-2010, 12:49 PM
I know the reviews for this game have been a mixed bag, but I just read the review from MMORPG.

The reviewer had a great idea that I hope gets traction here:

Quote:
Have sector space take place on the bridge of your ship: There is no need for sector space, the area that binds quest instances together, to appear the way that it does. Why not allow players to navigate between systems from their bridges, sitting in their captainís chairs with their crew around them?
Please tell me if anyone else out there thinks this is a good idea. I really don't feel the need to see sector space from the 3rd person view. It would be great if they could get the sector space to work while on your bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't mind sector space being in the third person so much because there are times I do look around to see who's where, but it would be nice to have the option to do it differently if I so chose. I mean, they did put a lot of work into the bridges for them to not be of much use.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2010, 04:13 AM
that would be a nice option.

seeing as ground combat could be in fps aswell.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-28-2010, 04:16 AM
I think this would be a great idea, personally. We've been asking for this for ages.

To be fair, when i first heard about this game, I thought this was going to come "as standard". To later learn it wasn't I was more than a little disappointed. It's not really a Trek game if you can't utilise the bridge properly. It would be nice in battle, but sector space would be worthwhile too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2010, 06:12 AM
I think this idea is what this mmo is missing
and if implemented it can make it more enjoyable and chalanging
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2010, 08:54 AM
shameless bump! This topic deserves it.