Lt. Commander
# 1 Simple PvP Fixes
02-27-2010, 03:34 PM
I know these have been brought up before multiple times, but there doesn't see to be any feedback from Cryptic regarding these simple concepts.

Trickle Starts
PvP matches have a way of starting very uneven due to the way the systems lets players trickle in to the fight. Lately it seems like it's getting worse. I can't count the number of times I've been placed at the starting point with 3+ enemies just sitting there waiting for new players to join.

How hard is it to simply hold all players in place until all 10 people have joined the battle?

Grouping
How hard is it to simply place people in a temporary team at the beginning of the battle? This would go a long way toward more coordinate. If nothing else, at least we'd be able to see the positions of our teammates on the map.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistah View Post
I know these have been brought up before multiple times, but there doesn't see to be any feedback from Cryptic regarding these simple concepts.

Trickle Starts
PvP matches have a way of starting very uneven due to the way the systems lets players trickle in to the fight. Lately it seems like it's getting worse. I can't count the number of times I've been placed at the starting point with 3+ enemies just sitting there waiting for new players to join.

How hard is it to simply hold all players in place until all 10 people have joined the battle?

Grouping
How hard is it to simply place people in a temporary team at the beginning of the battle? This would go a long way toward more coordinate. If nothing else, at least we'd be able to see the positions of our teammates on the map.
Agree 100% with Trickle starts....put us in a waiting room until someone else on the other side is there to play, and then beam us in....makes sure that every game is evenly balanced with number of players at least, and that would go a long way to making things fairer. You could then start thinking about how to then balance a really low level player, vs high level player...maybe make that 2 vs 1...I don't know.

Disagree 100% for grouping....grouping does not guarentee teamwork...the compulsery grouping in PVE doesn't (someone always scoots off ahead to grab the anomaly or something), so why would it do so with pvp...

A waiting room might resolve that problem though...giving people a chance to talk with the people they are going to play with before they start (I'm assuming a group from a fleet will generally do this, sort out exploits/exposes and kits before they play???), just for a few minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2010, 04:25 PM
sort it out cryptic !!!