Lt. Commander
# 11
02-27-2010, 05:07 PM
I think people are also missing the fact that there are klingon missions that reward you to die to an enemy captain.

You get your reward the more times your die and the faster you die the faster you get that reward. Is this cheating? Nope. Is this something you should be able to report them for ? Nope.

I ran into one of the above mention matches and if Im not mistaken I was there when this "you are cheating" stuff was being talked about with the klingons in question. I was on the fed side. But I have a rear admiral fed and bg klingon so Ive seen the end of both sides. Im going thru the fed side with a friend that just started playing is why I was in there with a low level character.

Did it cheapen the experience with the klingons suiciding us? Yep. Did I get mad or start accusing them of some lame cheating moronic stuff ( and yes I am reffereing to you the original poster to save you from asking) ? Nope.

Its a game. Just because someone doesnt play the way you want them do doesnt make them cheating. Cheating is spawning 40 bazillion ships from a klingon carrier. Cheating is using some way of mounting more weapons or items past the legit loadout. Thats cheating. Dieing because you want to die in the game is a choice any player can make wether you like it or not.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacrowz View Post
I think people are also missing the fact that there are klingon missions that reward you to die to an enemy captain.

You get your reward the more times your die and the faster you die the faster you get that reward. Is this cheating? Nope. Is this something you should be able to report them for ? Nope.

I ran into one of the above mention matches and if Im not mistaken I was there when this "you are cheating" stuff was being talked about with the klingons in question. I was on the fed side. But I have a rear admiral fed and bg klingon so Ive seen the end of both sides. Im going thru the fed side with a friend that just started playing is why I was in there with a low level character.

Did it cheapen the experience with the klingons suiciding us? Yep. Did I get mad or start accusing them of some lame cheating moronic stuff ( and yes I am reffereing to you the original poster to save you from asking) ? Nope.

Its a game. Just because someone doesnt play the way you want them do doesnt make them cheating. Cheating is spawning 40 bazillion ships from a klingon carrier. Cheating is using some way of mounting more weapons or items past the legit loadout. Thats cheating. Dieing because you want to die in the game is a choice any player can make wether you like it or not.
thing is m8 they continue to do this all day , i dont wait in my que too join a game and get spawn killed or have klinks without sheild just feeding fast kills and not even shooting back , did i get mad? or at in a moronic attitude NO i wasnt nasty to them i asked them nicely in 2 diffrent games too put the shields on and they did afta a few games , i play too win but i dont want it handed too me on a plate becuse the other team r bored of pvp or for what ever reason ( the ONLY reason they do it is too lvl up faster )
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-27-2010, 05:20 PM
Feds do it to lvl up faster, klingons are encourage by cryptic to do it. If cryptic doesnt want them doing this I sugest they quit giving klingons missions to die to the enemy captains. For real they have a mission given to them JUST to do this basically.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Feds do it to lvl up faster, klingons are encourage by cryptic to do it. If cryptic doesnt want them doing this I sugest they quit giving klingons missions to die to the enemy captains. For real they have a mission given to them JUST to do this basically.

so ur saying Cryptic encourage this kind of play? this is how the game mechanics were set up, join game remove shield dont shoot and die fast all 5 of you? well ifs thats the case this game will fail, if we dont stop this kind of play now , it will spread and every 1 will start doing it , oh pvp will be fun then
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-27-2010, 05:33 PM
yer ive seen feds doing it , but only afta they have been spawn killed 5v2 . by the time its 5v5 they dont care and just want the match over

my complaint is aboutt the teams that join on purpose too abuse this exploit
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-27-2010, 05:36 PM
actually I don't know that suiciding will help you level any faster than kicking butt. I get 150-190 sp per match and most don't last 10 minutes. If suicides take 5 mins and pay 50-70 sp that isn't faster. Unless of course its one of those days like friday where you just keep running into Fed premades. Also "Good day to die (space) " is not a daily or repeatable. Its infrequent at least for me.

K'rapok Cptn KDF
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
March 3rd will be a new holiday for me, they day the "One-Monthers" leave STO. I would imagine that the 3rd of every month will see fewer morons and increasingly good play. Only 4 more days!!

Yours in "Remember the 3rd of March!" Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Agreed, cant wait for these forums to get a little cleaner.....good riddance.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-27-2010, 06:02 PM
My fleet formed up a side fleet for klingon characters. Not everyone was interested, so we nominated a single day of the week to be a klingon day. We called it "Klingon Tuesday".

At first, we got about ten players interested, more or less. As time went on this dropped to a handful of die hards who were all rear admiral 5 and who had nothing better to do.

Now even the die hards are struggling. It's just so repetetive and such a low xp grind. Only one other player and i got to commander and even that was like some sort of epic mountain climbing event. We actually had to encourage one another not to give up in teamspeak.

I have my Ktinga now, tier 3....all through hard fought pvp and trying to win, but i can really understand why people are deliberately suiciding to get a quick loss.

A win for klingons awards barely more xp than a loss, which is just sad really (
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulski
today i play two games against a pre made klingon team , both match's they just fly full impulse no cloack or shields . match was over in about 3 minutes

I told them to stop doing it or i would report them. they said they put shields back on , so i didnt bother to report them, a couple of matches later the same team with shields this time. but not cloackin and going full impulse at our fed grp game was over in 5 mins

i am not going to name and shame , but i would like to know what Cyrptic are going to do too players who continue to play like this ,it ruins the game for me and im sure other people feel the same way

its bad enuf when i que up solo , 5 klingons killing feds as we enter the pvp arena , if feds join early the klinks just cloak up n wait for other team members to join. please add a 2 minute time delay before matches start . i cant see myself playing next month if this continues ,

Rant over
What are you going to report them for ? Lack of skill or pacifistic nature ? Get real.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Cheating is spawning 40 bazillion ships from a klingon carrier.
There is no such exploit....

LOOK
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ke/Carrier.jpg

This particularl issue was debated in this thread and the Carrier is not OP if you know what your doing.

Read it all the way through...
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...t=Trismigistus