Lt. Commander
# 21
02-27-2010, 06:48 PM
I am trying to level up a 2nd klink toon and I can't tell you how bored I am. Taking off shields seems like a great idea. The nerf to our exp was terrible especially with absolutely no other content in the game for us.

I have done Kahless so much I can do it with my eyes closed and just count the space bar taps and move on. 3 missions all on the same map with different ships. How innovative. About half way through the level the ships are so easy to kill it is not even funny. Toward the end I don't even look at shields.

The rewards are great too. Im in T2 and get T1 mk II junk.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-27-2010, 07:13 PM
I've seen feds do this too... so I'm speaking for both sides.

But the problem with people doing this, is that not only do they screw over their opposition, but if you get a good team of 3 or so who really are trying, and one idiot who does nothing but suicide, its very hard to overcome those odds.

And lets be honest, really good fights come few and far between. So having the one moron who decides to do this on his own, while the others are actually trying to enjoy the game, is basically showing a huge lack of disregard.

Problem is though, the only way to fix it is with a kick function, and I've seen that function abused. You have one person who is really bad at pvp, but is trying, but you get elitist jerks who decide to kick her because she's just not up to snuff with their ideas of how good you should be, but she's trying, and trying hard, and simply enjoying herself. This is the problem with a kick function, and lets be honest pvp has its fair share of elitist jerks as well as jerks who'll ruin everyone elses gameplay for a few measly exp.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-27-2010, 07:21 PM
the problem is, if i dont suicide, i dont die 25 times a day in space...

which i have a mission to complete

also got a 25/day on ground to do also

and thats not counting the missions where i try and win heh

if i or another player wants to die, so be it... its not harming you >_>
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-27-2010, 07:26 PM
If you're not dying at all through 10 levels, then you're better then most of the klingons out there, and are making up for that lost experience of the mission by getting more experience by winning. You do get more exp from winning then loosing.

And yes, you are harming me, because I'm here trying to play the game and enjoy it, to get good fights, and to win, and when a moron comes along and decides my enjoyment isn't valid enough so they can get 50 extra exp (which by dying 25 times, you LOOSE more exp by not winning) you frustrate me, ruing my enjoyment of the game, all for nothing in the long run.

Tell you what, you make a pre-made of 5 players who want to suicide, and I'm all for you suiciding. But the moment you start lowering others peoples enjoyement of the game, it becomes selfish and childish.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffs View Post
If you're not dying at all through 10 levels, then you're better then most of the klingons out there, and are making up for that lost experience of the mission by getting more experience by winning. You do get more exp from winning then loosing.

And yes, you are harming me, because I'm here trying to play the game and enjoy it, to get good fights, and to win, and when a moron comes along and decides my enjoyment isn't valid enough so they can get 50 extra exp (which by dying 25 times, you LOOSE more exp by not winning) you frustrate me, ruing my enjoyment of the game, all for nothing in the long run.

Tell you what, you make a pre-made of 5 players who want to suicide, and I'm all for you suiciding. But the moment you start lowering others peoples enjoyement of the game, it becomes selfish and childish.
So in other words, YOUR sense of enjoyment is what sets the standard. If someone else's enjoyment or motivation to play is different, then they're morons because you can't tolerate someone else having fun at your expense, but instead you would rather have YOUR fun at theirs. Does that about sum up what you said?

P.S. I don't particularly care one way or the other why or how people choose to PvP anymore... I'm merely pointing out how silly it is that you believe other people are childish because they aren't catering to you.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Okay fair enough, though exactly how is suiciding fun? If someone is honestly going to sit here and say that dying 25 times is actually fun, then I'll stand corrected. I don't see it as "fun" but just a way to get substandard exp, but honestly if its "fun" then okay.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffs View Post
Okay fair enough, though exactly how is suiciding fun? If someone is honestly going to sit here and say that dying 25 times is actually fun, then I'll stand corrected. I don't see it as "fun" but just a way to get substandard exp, but honestly if its "fun" then okay.
my way of suiciding is 1v5... but i dont just sit there and wait till i die, i just dont do what i usually do to try and stay alive, like rsp.... but im still shooting back

and its generally faster xp than normal, as games go 2x faster but we only loose 10% of our xp for that match, at most 20%

yet get 2x the ammount of match's done
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-28-2010, 10:14 PM
ocasionally i do the " PvE " klingon maps only using ramming speed for kicks

normally is to the point of chinese water torture
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulski
well why not make fed chars too, so when ur bored of pvp , u can doo loads of pve , i understand the lack of klingon content , but still this does not give people the rite too cheat
No desire whatsoever to drive any of those garbage scows you feds call ships.

Lt. Commander
# 30
03-01-2010, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
March 3rd will be a new holiday for me, they day the "One-Monthers" leave STO. I would imagine that the 3rd of every month will see fewer morons and increasingly good play. Only 4 more days!!

Yours in "Remember the 3rd of March!" Plasma,
Star*Dagger

yea and then you can continue playing STO with your imaginary friends

not many will stay (Klingon side anyway).