Lt. Commander
DEVs/ GMs,

I have a simple yet reasonable request as a lifer If I have a playable Borg isn't is reasonable to have one as a bridge officer also? especially if i am playing a non Borg character. Please advise?

Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2010, 04:35 PM
i have to say no to this as most of the lifers said no to even considering the thought of all us non lifers having the liberated borg playable race avaliable in the c-store, so i shall say no again to the lifers who did not buy the game from Amazon, if you wanted the borg bridge officer then you should have got the version of ST:O with the Borg BOff as a pre-order bonus.

If you ended up getting your way with this then i want to play as a liberated borg too, does this sound fair, or would you feel cheated that you no longer have something exclusive?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2010, 04:42 PM
I would rather see the liberated borg being included in all available races including alien, Why just a klingon or human? why not a vulcan borg or an alien borg or a orion borg etc... Its not like borgs just assimilate klingons and humans, and its not like humans wouldnt liberate a borg drone just because it wasnt human...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Im a Lifer and I would also say NO. If you wanted the bridge officer borg then you should have gotten that preorder. And no I dont have one I went with D2D. But something tells me down the road a little ALL the preorder stuff will be in the C Store. Lets just wait and see.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drussaxe View Post
I would rather see the liberated borg being included in all available races including alien, Why just a klingon or human? why not a vulcan borg or an alien borg or a orion borg etc... Its not like borgs just assimilate klingons and humans, and its not like humans wouldnt liberate a borg drone just because it wasnt human...
that would be good, as it is completely logical.

i may not have a lifetime sub but i do believe in things staying exclusive to the people that purchased them, just because you have a lifetime sub does not mean you should have preferential treatment and get other pre-order bonuses for free that everyone else had to in effect pay for by getting the game from specific stores.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
DEVs/ GMs,

I have a simple yet reasonable request as a lifer If I have a playable Borg isn't is reasonable to have one as a bridge officer also? especially if i am playing a non Borg character. Please advise?

Thank you
As a Lifer and Amazon pre-orderer, I have to say no. If you wanted a Borg Bridge Officer you should have pre-ordered from Amazon like I did.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
DEVs/ GMs,

Thank you
If you wanted a liberated Borg BO, you should have bought from Amazon. That is the only way to get one. As a Lifer who did buy from Amazon, I happen to have both but the reasonable answer to your request if you didn't is a simple, quiet "No".
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-27-2010, 05:33 PM
I think it is reasonable that is why I posed it. Listening to the response having liberated borg/ lifetime subscription is a higher status than having just a pre order bridge officer Borg, why shouldn't you have option to toggle down your borg from playable to bridge officer?
It still sounds reasonable to me. I will say I do feel lifers should get special perks, we are permanently invested in STO therefore the returns should be greater than a optional short term player. To be honest I wouldn't really mind if those who had borg bridge officers could play them as an optional purchase through the C store to toggle up your borg bridge officer to playable. I am all about fair.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-27-2010, 05:46 PM
I totally agree That the borg should be available in a multitude of races both playable and bridge officer with the traits of there original race, the borg special trait +2 additional