Lt. Commander
This is a plea on behalf of the millions upon millions of us who are the sole users of our computers, and thus have no reason to be concerned about relatives, siblings, spouses, or children accidentally logging into our Star Trek Online accounts and messing things up for us.

IE, this plea is on behalf of 90% of people!

Please, won't you put a "save password" check-box on the front log-in screen?

Every time I open the game, I have to re-type my password.

Every. Other. Program. Website. Et Cetera. That. I. Use. Saves. The. Password!

E-Mail, Bulletin Boards, Games, IM Programs, you name it! There is a "save password" option.

The in-game login screen that you get dropped to on the occasion you lose connection to the server has a "save password" check box.

Yet the front page control interface you use daily, every time you open the game, does not! WHY?

I can not imagine this would be a particularly difficult ad-on to throw into the next patch. So please, gods, do it! Please!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Very few MMOs have this "feature" on their launchers or login screens (for obvious reason). I wouldn't hold my breath.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itanius View Post
Very few MMOs have this "feature" on their launchers or login screens (for obvious reason). I wouldn't hold my breath.
Why?

Virtually everything else you log in to on the internet or computer has such.

Hell, even PayPal will save my password through my browser.

The only place I have to type my password every time is my bank.

This is not a bank.

It's a computer game.

Give us the simple convenience of a password checkbox, please!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2010, 12:35 AM
And tbh if they were to consider it I doubt it would be top of a probably very long list of things to do. so if you do hold your breath for it don't be surprised if you turn blue
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2010, 02:41 PM
are you serious omg ... of all the things for them to bother with you need them to try and save you 1 second of typing on first login .

congratulations you are the laziest person in the world.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2012, 01:59 AM
I support this feature.

The only other website that feels it's important enough not to have a "save" checkbox is my bank and I only just forgive it.

STO (especially now that it's F2P) is not more important than my bank.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2012, 03:49 PM
I would vocally oppose this feature, as it would open the door to "I let my friend on JUST this once" or "My connection somehow got hijacked and I got hacked" or "I accidentally left it on at the Library" or other such silly complaints. I want my security protected, and as recent hacks in to fleet banks prove, your security does have an impact on my own.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewteddy
I would vocally oppose this feature, as it would open the door to "I let my friend on JUST this once" or "My connection somehow got hijacked and I got hacked" or "I accidentally left it on at the Library" or other such silly complaints. I want my security protected, and as recent hacks in to fleet banks prove, your security does have an impact on my own.
There are also security benefits to saving passwords, mainly it prevents key logger attacks like the recent trojan that was on STOwiki.

There are pluses and minuses to both sides.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Actually I'm in complete disagreement with the OP. You have people that purchase subscriptions either gold or lifetime and people that also purchase c-points. Now I know some people use credit cards or other methods to purchase the c-points so in fact the log-in to this game is very much just as important as a bank log-in as you gave for example.

Instead of decreasing security by adding a save password option they should in fact be working on some type of verification system to verify you are you when you try to log-in. a Perfect example of this would be an IP verification so that if someone (including yourself) tried to log in from a computer that isn't linked to the account then you have to verify that you are the owner of the account by way of security questions or something similar.

I understand this is just a game and that setting up a verification system like that would be quite alot of work, but now that the game is F2P and there are so many more players that increases the risk of hacking attacks.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Most online games I know have this feature and I never got the feeling that it opened the door to hacking by itself. Itīs tedious to retype the password anytime I switch characters... especially when doing my DOff rounds.