Lt. Commander
# 21
04-04-2012, 10:54 AM
I'd suggested something a bit like this a long time ago, except that it would be a function of the Captain's Table when visiting Aenigma.

In addition to just Captain swapping, you would be able to visit your other Captains on the same account, trade with them, train their boffs, and other such things.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-05-2012, 12:25 AM
launcher login i don't mind so much, it's every time i have to switch characters that it gets annoying. that's one thing fairly unique to STO. others i've played you just go to character select and right back into the game.

why do you have to be logged out to change characters? or have to log back in?
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-06-2012, 11:21 AM
I have yet to see an mmo that allows you to save the password and I've played a lot of them, most will let you save the user id but you still have to type in the password. I see nothing wrong with that.
I can only imagine the hundreds of service tickets that would be generated for tech support due to unauthorized account access, whether it be hacks, a mischievous "friend" or relative or god only knows what else, simply because it was too easy to get into that user's account, an unnecessary headache that they are avoiding by simply requiring you to enter the password each time you log in.
We already have enough problems with 3rd world "gold" spammers trying to infiltrate the game without giving them such an easy inroad.
This is a multiplayer game that makes heavy use of keyboard action, you are going to be typing anyway unless you're an anti-social turd that never interacts with anyone, so the miniscule amount of typing needed to enter your password should be insignificant.
As for the worries about key loggers etc then the individuals in question already have much more serious security problems than have anything to do with this game.
Putting everyone at risk because a few individuals are too lazy to type in a password seems counterproductive to me.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-14-2012, 12:12 PM
The best option to deal with this annoyance is have a keyboard that supports macros. Simply bind your password to a key. instant fill and enter.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-19-2012, 12:07 AM
Changing chars wouldn't be so annyoing if the game would save the correct username instead of only saving the cryptic name for pw accounts.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-17-2012, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itanius View Post
Very few MMOs have this "feature" on their launchers or login screens (for obvious reason). I wouldn't hold my breath.
hmm very few? so about 89 pwrcent of the thousands of mmos that are curently even running, and even the login for...

THIS FORUM

are very few eh?
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-17-2012, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor
I have yet to see an mmo that allows you to save the password and I've played a lot of them, most will let you save the user id but you still have to type in the password. I see nothing wrong with that.
I can only imagine the hundreds of service tickets that would be generated for tech support due to unauthorized account access, whether it be hacks, a mischievous "friend" or relative or god only knows what else, simply because it was too easy to get into that user's account, an unnecessary headache that they are avoiding by simply requiring you to enter the password each time you log in.
We already have enough problems with 3rd world "gold" spammers trying to infiltrate the game without giving them such an easy inroad.
This is a multiplayer game that makes heavy use of keyboard action, you are going to be typing anyway unless you're an anti-social turd that never interacts with anyone, so the miniscule amount of typing needed to enter your password should be insignificant.
As for the worries about key loggers etc then the individuals in question already have much more serious security problems than have anything to do with this game.
Putting everyone at risk because a few individuals are too lazy to type in a password seems counterproductive to me.
at risk how? as it is more likely for you to have securoty issues from some malware watching what you type in, or some detetive wannabee seeing what keys are worn on your keyboard.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-17-2012, 05:01 AM
id be happy if they just made it readable (i don't touch type)
Lt. Commander
# 29 Not a good idea
06-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfrontier View Post
This is a plea on behalf of the millions upon millions of us who are the sole users of our computers, and thus have no reason to be concerned about relatives, siblings, spouses, or children accidentally logging into our Star Trek Online accounts and messing things up for us.

IE, this plea is on behalf of 90% of people!

Please, won't you put a "save password" check-box on the front log-in screen?

Every time I open the game, I have to re-type my password.

Every. Other. Program. Website. Et Cetera. That. I. Use. Saves. The. Password!

E-Mail, Bulletin Boards, Games, IM Programs, you name it! There is a "save password" option.

The in-game login screen that you get dropped to on the occasion you lose connection to the server has a "save password" check box.

Yet the front page control interface you use daily, every time you open the game, does not! WHY?

I can not imagine this would be a particularly difficult ad-on to throw into the next patch. So please, gods, do it! Please!
I dont think this will happen because something like a Keylogger could see that the password is saved and the data could be sent to someone who might use your log on details for there own purpose. I personally advise never to save passwords for this reason
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham6410 View Post
I dont think this will happen because something like a Keylogger could see that the password is saved and the data could be sent to someone who might use your log on details for there own purpose. I personally advise never to save passwords for this reason
Actually a "Save Password" checkbox would prevent a keylogger from compromising your password, as no keystrokes are done.

But... for thoose who are used to working with webservers and web... hosts file ... I wont say more ^^