Lt. Commander
# 1 Gold Loot Drop Pods Lameness
02-27-2010, 08:54 PM
So I'm soloing Galor in Obrom system and while in intense battle one of my gold loot drops disappears.

So let me get this straight.

An Exploration Cruiser with terrible turn rate is fact and then you take my egg away because I'm in battle?
I earned that egg. (Even though it's a battery (I have a jinxed loot table) because I purchased the standard game version)

Thanks a lot for keeping Golden Loot Eggs on a Timer in non DSE instances.
jerks
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-27-2010, 08:57 PM
*looks in, sees QQ thread, turns around and walks away never looking back*
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powrslave View Post
So I'm soloing Galor in Obrom system and while in intense battle one of my gold loot drops disappears.

An Exploration Cruiser with terrible turn rate is fact and then you take my egg away because I'm in battle?
I earned that egg. (Even though it's a battery (I have a jinxed loot table) because I purchased the standard game version)

jerks
They do? I've had some sitting there 20 minutes or so..
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powrslave View Post

jerks
Was it white?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-27-2010, 10:45 PM
I was by myself.

It was gold.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-27-2010, 11:09 PM
yea, it happens if you wait too long. However you can loot in combat so it's not much of an issue. If your bags are full and you need to spend time to sell some to the replicator, then it's just SOL
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm bumping this again because it's pathetic
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneth
They do? I've had some sitting there 20 minutes or so..
This. Loot lasts for a looong time after the ship that drops it explodes, and... you can pass by it anytime in battle and pick it up.
Sooo... the problem is?....
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-07-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm going to take a guess.. and say either your fights last 20+ minutes.. or you went and finished all the fights and came back for that gold loot you had 20+ minute ago and expected it to be there? Dunno about you.. I've fought 2 packs of 3 ships a pack and never had my loot go away. And those are some reasonable long fights! Not 20 minutes long.. but still.

Sounds like you waited to long. The loot system gives you more then enough time to collect it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-07-2010, 06:31 PM
I was just on a 5th order of exploration and I had a large pod drop on a ground mission.

After dying i ran back immediately and saw the pod... after about 2-3 mins it disappeared.

Total time was probably 7 minutes and it was gone.